London bombings how dreadful......

richardp said:
but there are plenty of intellectuals who have,opposeing views and you would have to read all their interpretations as well

the website i have recommended is excellent because they have considered arguments for and against. infact they have allowed muslims to object to their points and have posted links to muslim sites. they then make further arguments against the rebuttals and so forth. this is why i state that although its a christian site, arguments have been made very logically and are valid in this context. please visit it when you have the time. also the koran itself does indeed state the phrases quoted, so its not a matter of interpretation, just what the koran says.
online koran - muslim run website. http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/

jtaunton said:
Its all a matter of interpretation
the website dicusses this too. the following is an extract:

Islam has never been able to decide whether it wants to live in peace with unbelievers, or to pile their severed, unbelieving heads into a giant pyramid. I’m sure many would disagree here, but they would be disagreeing with one of the most empirically verifiable facts in the universe. Think about it. One Muslim beheads an innocent woman to protest the war in Iraq, while another Muslim curses him for slaying the innocent. One group of Muslims flies an aircraft into a building, while another group condemns the attack. One Muslim detonates a bomb on a bus filled with passengers, while another Muslim says on the evening news, "Islam is a religion of peace." Each side quotes the Qur’an to support its actions. However, it may be even more important to note that each of them is following the example set by Muhammad.

jtaunton said:
Without wishing to bring this back to Iraq again

i agree, iraq has made it more difficult to resolve these differences, and those responsible should be held accountable. but also remember that 9/11 was before iraq, and a lot of the tension between islamists and the western world has been ever since the existence of israel. (whom western countries helped create). the israel-palestine conflict must be resolved asap.[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Relish what happened Freddie? No. The world was a better place before 7/11 and almost certainly would have been a better place without London's incident. And I think that the British self-control which the media seem to be going on about now might have something to do with a lot of people not being at all surprised by what has happened. There was a certain air of inevitability about it, given what has gone before.

And as I just posted on the new thread which has sprung up, never mind these people doing this because they believed it was the right thing for a Muslim to do, I think there is at least a possibility they though it was the right thing for a British citizen to do. Which, to say the least, is an unfortunate position for the country to be in.

user56565 said:
the aggressors that need deporting can be simply sent to their country of origin. most muslims in the UK are originally from pakistan, and according to the bbc website, 3 of the bombers were of pakistani origin.

such deportations would have to made on the basis of new evidence.

If you had evidence that someone is planning a bombing, should they not be tried for conspiracy or whatever, then they would be sent to prison if found guilty. What is the point of sending them out of the country so that they can return at a later date.

Also I don't think the bombers were Pakistani but English, so where would you deport them to?

Sponsored Links
bbc.co.uk said:
Three of the four bombers were British nationals of Pakistani descent from West Yorkshire. They were: Hasib Hussain, 18, Shehzad Tanweer, 22, and Mohammad Sidique Khan, 30
from http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4676861.stm

so deport to pakistan.

petewood said:
to prison if found guilty

how long for? the rest of their lives?? id then agree this as a valid option. but thats unlikely (with the current british legal system), and they'd maybe be imprisoned for a short term, or released early, etc.. in this case they would definitely 'return at a later date'.

i suggested deportations combined with tighter border controls. return wouldn't be an option.

i said:
we must clamp down on terrorism hard and fast. instead of spending money on an unjust war, we must use our resources and troops on securing our borders, and make it much more difficult to get terrorists and/or weapons in&out of the country. police should monitor where incitement is most likely to occur, even if its at a mosque. any preacher of racial hatred and their supporters must be arrested and deported straight away - if they want an islamic country, they can go back to one. you can't just allow them to continue under 'human rights, freedom of speech' rubbish. by tackling terrorism in this way, at the bud, those who hate and despise the UK would no longer be a threat.

the americans have just jailed someone for life for slagging off the west and promoting extreme forms of islam. Maybe we should stop tippy toeing around and take note

Eddie M said:
That was close, happened 2 trains behind me, phew personally, cannot even comprehend what those w@nker5 aim to achieve.

Got the mainline using Silverlink into Euston, train arrived at 8:39 approx, walked to underground @ Euston (takes approx 5 mins), got on first tube which got near kings X at approx 8:49 were told that it had just been shut due to a power surge. Possiblity is that the 4th bomber couldn't get on our train as it was ordered not to stop at kings cross (although the papers say that he might have been attempting to travel north). No matter, I feel extremely lucky, a sense of profound sadness envelops me when I think of all those innocents who died in horrific circumstances, only yards away from me. I'm not religious at all, but I thank, god, fate, providence whatever for my luck, my heart goes out to all those families and friends who suffered injury or loss. These bombers were not muslims but murders as I know that the huge majority of muslims know. For anyone to seek vengence on the muslim community in my mind would be to hand those terrorists victory. In a way I think we as a nation could draw positives from this, I really hope that this will lead to greater openness and acceptance between our communities, which will eventually lead to the destruction of extremeism.

There will of course follow a period when grief turns to anger, but I hope that all of us can find if not forgiveness, rationallity.
May whichever god you believe in bless you all.

locking them up ? why waste of time and money there is a simpler solution to this far cheaper and i for one would be willing to bet a lot more citizens would say the same seems there probably would be a lot less of this going on if we executed the guilty

but i would do this for all murderers ie child killers paedofiles etc as i am not a forgiving person you walk the walk and talk the talk then take the penalties that go with it ok

collective responsiblity has been mentioned on some things ie groups of like minded people getting together plotting bombing etc if proven then they should be made to feel the full force of the law

Slogger said:
locking them up ? why waste of time and money there is a simpler solution to this far cheaper and i for one would be willing to bet a lot more citizens would say the same seems there probably would be a lot less of this going on if we executed the guilty

but i would do this for all murderers ie child killers paedofiles etc as i am not a forgiving person you walk the walk and talk the talk then take the penalties that go with it ok

collective responsiblity has been mentioned on some things ie groups of like minded people getting together plotting bombing etc if proven then they should be made to feel the full force of the law

The perpetrators of this crime are dead. Remember in the land of an eye for an eye, we are all blind.

i am sorry to say but the main perpetrators of this crime are probably planning there next one

any eye for an eye? so your sort of saying in a roundabout way that you
wouldnt execute anyone caught planting a bomb ?

you cant be serious can you

scenario 1 there is a bomber caught before he or she goes pop we all know his intentions de we lock him up or ??

scenario 2 man kills a young child he is caught he admits it lock up time is it or the drop for him

there are endless scenarios to go on we really need to get tougth with our stance on what is right and wrong

liberalism will not rid the world of the dangers all it does is show how weak we are

Slogger, what you fail to realise is that Talking and Tolerance is not weakness, whilst Violence and retribution is not strength.

Violence begets Violence, and the resorting to violence never achieved anything.

and you fail to realise we have to be strong with this kind of perpetrator there is nothing wrong in retribution if its dealt out to the right ones

you would talk and be tolerant to murderers ? no thanks string them up asap

freddie we all know there the koran preaches death and destruction to infidels and according to some the koran has never had any of its wording s changed or brought up to date to make it more palatable to the west

dont waste any more time on this as the bbc said it all before you islam is the hiding place for certain individuals to do there evil deads

mosques are there main source of young easily lead troops we all know it as it is well documented

you will never be able to change the minds of certain people with debate if there eyes are closed to facts then they always will be

and you know how i would tackle the problem

Ps ans Qs where watched in the writing of this post ts crossed and Is dotted

Sponsored Links
Back