looking for work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm 20 and just finished plumbing and heating level 2 nvq at college. Looking for work as plumbers mate, only have a couple of months work experience but always looking to learn more. Email- [email protected]. based in bexley/kent

Sponsored Links
Hi mate, have a look not just locally at your independent companies but outside the box a bit. I work at a government funded laboratory as a pipe welders mate (was a chief engineer in the navy, then offshore oil and gas and a property developer, then an electrician!! ) and a rival company takes on anyone with ANY pipe related experience. They do gas safe stuff, domestic plumbing, commercial plumbing, coshh lines /extraction, HVAC and they are all over our site as it is a progressive research site so always plenty to do !!!

Don't corner yourself in a market that is much wider than people think and also includes the Army (they have plumbers), domestic , commercial, piping services and HVAC. You have valuable skills mate and it is a great time to be getting stuck in !! A buddy of mine started with Turner the estate services guys as a Pb mate and he is now always on call, works weekends, gets loads of overtime and great flexi time perks etc so cast your net wide (and abroad!).

Best of luck mate

Sponsored Links
No advice, but, God, I wish I was 20 again:)
Ted is probaly right, though.

Back