Low pressure shower & air in radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I need a bit of help with my shower.
We moved into our house in December. The shower above the bath is very weak. It is a thermostatic bar mixer with piping from the bath's hot tap and cold feed from the header tank in the attic. The bathroom is on the 1st floor, hence a max head of half a metre.
I want to do something simple to increase pressure. The shower doesn't need to have loads of power, just more than it has now.
My thoughts are to raise the level of the header tank by a metre by building a timber frame. Is this the best way? Any other suggestions without ripping out my nice bathroom to get to pipes etc?

Another query which may or may not be related... The bathroom radiator keeps filling with air and needs bleeding every week. This is a new radiator and i had a new boiler + pump fitted earlier this year + the whole system flushed out twice. I've turned the central heating pump down to the lowest setting which helped but air still ends up in the radiator over time. I've read that the air could be getting in through an air vent in the loft... ??
I know the CH system and the shower are fed from separate header tanks so the issue shouldn't be related... but before i got the boiler changed, if I turned the hot water on without CH, the upstairs radiators would get hot! bizarre.

Any help with these issues would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back