Mad Christmas Tree!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

This is a very weird question but its driving me mad and when it comes to this kind of thing, im not that knowledgable!! Basically I bought a fibre Optic Xmas tree off the net and got it delivered the other day. I have plugged it in and and it works great....but...there is a seperate very small wire that connects and powers the branch end lights. When connected, the end lights go mad and too much of it will def bring on a migraine!! Ive had to pull the wire out of the connection permenantly to stop the full on rave I get when plugged in.

I was wondering whether there was something simple I could wire into the curcuit that would control the lights or at the very least calm them or dim them so they are not soo imposing!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It looks like the input is split. The Fibre Optic part consists of a normal halogen bulb that shines onto a colour wheel that revolves and blasts the different colours down the optics. The branch ends only light up when the small wire is plugged into the base unit and it is this part that I want to somehow alter to control the branch end lights if poss...

Shouldn't there be some kind of timing controller with the tree? Sure I've seen most fibre optic trees with those attached.

Sponsored Links
You would have hoped! I presumed it had one but obviously not!!! I wondered as most Xmas type lights have a function/ control box whether I could buy one separately and just wire it in somehow to either dimm the lights so they arent so bright or preferentially control the rate at which they flash as they seem to have a pattern of 3 slow flashes followed by about 10 very fast flashes.

Ive checked with the supplier and they def dont have different programmes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back