Maintained Emergency Lighting

are we talking about exit signs?

I assure you most heartily, that a single circuit with a single switched live for ALL the exit signs is absolutely possible..
unless you have a funny make that I've never used before...

Sponsored Links
Not really - they have to be visible to all people in certain premises when it is occupied.
Just thought that if noone is moving, then there's no need to have them on. Unless of course they're all unconscious or dead :confused:

are we talking about exit signs?

I assure you most heartily, that a single circuit with a single switched live for ALL the exit signs is absolutely possible..
unless you have a funny make that I've never used before...

The ones I had were from screwfix and take it from me - they had a link that was post PCB fuse which was removable and the switch could be connected to it. That is the only way they could be converted to switched maintained - unless of course you start introducing relays otherwise you'll start paralleling up fuses.
They were made by eterna iirc - think they were called exitbox.

Sponsored Links
AFAIK Exit signs were outlawed about 9 years ago, you should be using pictograms now.

AFAIK Exit signs were outlawed about 9 years ago, you should be using pictograms now.
Why? I go to Spain, their exit signs all say Salida on them. In America, they use Exit signs, and they're red! Why do we have to be different? Just on the off chance that some polish are in the place when it burns to the ground? As if they wont know what that single green light is that says "exit" on it is for. Who put the PC crew in charge of building regs? :rolleyes:

Like I said before though - I don't see a reason for them to be on when the likes of the auditorium is vacant.
It isn't as much of an issue when somewhere is used daily but for a place which is used say a couple of times a month.

Why? I go to Spain, their exit signs all say Salida on them. In America, they use Exit signs, and they're red! Why do we have to be different? Just on the off chance that some polish are in the place when it burns to the ground? As if they wont know what that single green light is that says "exit" on it is for. Who put the PC crew in charge of building regs? :rolleyes:

I have seen them "salida" ones on spanish planes .

Think it was a European Directive rather than building regs.
It was back in the 90's so they must have known about the future influx of foreigners.

It is the ones with just "EXIT" on that should not be used
You can still have words Fire exit as long as it also has the man, and the door and usually an arrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back