Membership of the EU

What should the UK's relationship be with EU

• Rejoin/stay in the EU

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Hard Brexit - let trade/market forces drive a deal and focus on new deals elsewhere

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Soft Brexit - Change as little as possible and accept the limitations it brings

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
Doesnt answer this:
...if they are ever found.then spend a couple of years fighting the deportation at taxpayers expense..Get Real
It does not need to answer it.
If you thought about it, and you obviously have not, because UK does not register new EU migrants, they have no idea who is here, why, or where they are. Therefore it follows that the UK government has no idea under what circumstances the EU migrants are living, or for how long they have been living like that. Therefore it can take no action because it has no idea on what to base that action.

For instance, if an EU migrant went to the dole office and started claiming dole, the obvious question to be asked is, "when did you arrive here, and what have you been doing since you arrived?" Now if the UK did not register the EU migrant arriving, they cannot verify the answer.
Therefore the second issue will never arise because the first issue (not registering them) precludes it.

Sponsored Links
I for one do care how many people enter the country,never leave ,never work etc and we have no idea of the numbers.
Because we do not know (for EU migrants), you have no basis on which to place your case. Therefore your case is pure supposition.
In fact, you might be making a case against EU migrants, based on your supposition about non-EU migrants.

For instance, if an EU migrant went to the dole office and started claiming dole, the obvious question to be asked is, "when did you arrive here, and what have you been doing since
How about they never go near a dole office and spend their lives living off the black economy....in their thousands

Because we do not know, you have no basis on which to place your case. Therefore your case is pure supposition.
Ok then...if nobody has any idea of how many immigrants there are..illegal of otherwise...lets sort it...and do not have open borders with less prosperous countries where the flow of migrants is unchecked and one way...how many brits went to live in Romania this year??

Sponsored Links
Hence,part of the reason for Brexit...

That doesn't make sense.

The UK government doesn't register people, as it is entitled to do... and you think that resigning from the EU will have any effect?

I was right about you.

..and do not have open borders
As far as I am aware, we have an open border with RoI only. (not including Gibraltar.)
Unlike most other EU member states—and some countries outside the EU—the UK is not part of the Schengen passport-free area because it hasn’t signed the Schengen agreement. This means it can retain border controls.
https://fullfact.org/europe/border-security-eu/
TM is considering opening our borders in a No Deal Brexit scenario
LONDON — The UK government is reportedly considering making Britain's borders completely open to the European Union after Brexit if it crashes out of negotiations with no deal in place.
http://uk.businessinsider.com/theresa-may-government-planning-open-borders-in-no-deal-brexit-2018-3
I suggest you let her know your concerns quickly.

how many brits went to live in Romania this year??
I give up, how many?

It does not need to answer it.
If you thought about it, and you obviously have not, because UK does not register new EU migrants, they have no idea who is here, why, or where they are. Therefore it follows that the UK government has no idea under what circumstances the EU migrants are living, or for how long they have been living like that. Therefore it can take no action because it has no idea on what to base that action.

For instance, if an EU migrant went to the dole office and started claiming dole, the obvious question to be asked is, "when did you arrive here, and what have you been doing since you arrived?" Now if the UK did not register the EU migrant arriving, they cannot verify the answer.
Therefore the second issue will never arise because the first issue (not registering them) precludes it.

It does need answering. How much would it cost and how easy or difficult would it be.

An EU person comes here, is registered. does not work so how can that person be traced once they leave the customs hall?

If they are found how much would deportation cost?

If an EU registers with the dole office or starts works, at that point they can be registered. An EU person can stop work, but how could they be found to be deported?

As usual you are conflating the argument to prove a different point.

It does need answering. How much would it cost and how easy or difficult would it be.

I wonder if any Brexiteer has ever answered such a question.

If we look at the Objectives and Plan document prepared by Boris and his chums, what does it say about the method for controlling migration as part of the Brexit process?

Oh... my mistake.

Boris and the Brexiteers have produced no such document.

All the do is whine and grumble about Theresa's attempt. Without offering an alternative.

They've had more than two years. What are the chances they'll think of something and get it agreed by October?

As usual you are conflating the argument to prove a different point

The only option that offers any benefit to the UK is Stay in the EU.

So say you !

I say "The only option that offers any benefit to the UK is to get out of the EU "

EU'S gonna collapse ....common market that was ok .....This EU superstate is a nonsensical fiasco.

So say you !

I say "The only option that offers any benefit to the UK is to get out of the EU "

EU'S gonna collapse ....common market that was ok .....This EU superstate is a nonsensical fiasco.
And yet EU economic growth has outpaced UK economic growth consistently since the referendum.
https://tradingeconomics.com/european-union/gdp-annual-growth-rate
https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/gdp-growth-annual
Saying something will happen does not mean it will happen.

Because we do not know (for EU migrants), you have no basis on which to place your case. Therefore your case is pure supposition.
In fact, you might be making a case against EU migrants, based on your supposition about non-EU migrants.

Now isnt that the issue with brexiteers and immigration.

They dont quite understand the difference between eu and non eu immigrants, nor take account of the likely happenings after brexit, deal or no deal version.

Sponsored Links
Back