MEPS expenses .......

In regard to MP expense scandals that go back years.....

I can remember various times when prime ministers and MPs have agreed not to take payrises, supposedly on 'moral grounds', but in reality to avoid criticism from the media and the public.

It seems to me the solution was to increase expense claims in ordet to raise salaries on the quiet.

Sponsored Links
It seems to me the solution was to increase expense claims in ordet to raise salaries on the quiet.
Thus our MP's corruptly lining their own pockets...

So I ask again...

Do you think that corrupt EU elected representatives are worse than corrupt UK elected representatives?

Yes or no?

So I ask again...

Do you think that corrupt EU elected representatives are worse than corrupt UK elected representatives?

Yes or no?
I feel that they are a layer of government that we don't really need and I'm not sure that I want to pay for them in my taxes

Sponsored Links
Is the Topic of this thread not about MEPs?

Remember quoting this a few posts back...….
It was not clear who you were referring to.

Sometimes I see in the newspapers that there has been a fire somewhere. Never had one at home myself but I will always gladly contribute towards the fire service just in case I do.

Please accept my apologies if your short term memory is poor.

So I ask again...

Yes or no?

Ha ha false choice logical fallacy.

Let me ask you something:

Are you therefore saying: you consider it acceptable for MEPs to line their own pockets with vast, unchecked expenses because those in the UK government also have done so?

False conclusion.

I suspect the question was asked because that is a reason given for not wanting the MEPs to govern.

Therefore if UK MPs were the same or worse they must also be abolished.

False conclusion.

I suspect the question was asked because that is a reason given for not wanting the MEPs to govern.

Therefore if UK MPs were the same or worse they must also be abolished.

False conclusion -ah yes of course.

Yes I understand the train of thought, however I wasnt arguing from a point of transfer of governance in reference to Brexit. That argument is a deflection from discussing the issues of MEPs expenses. Its a shame that the Brexit argument rarely, if ever looks at the EU, bad or good

Remember quoting this a few posts back...….
It was not clear who you were referring to.

Sometimes I see in the newspapers that there has been a fire somewhere. Never had one at home myself but I will always gladly contribute towards the fire service just in case I do.

Please accept my apologies if your short term memory is poor.
My apologies, Ellal asked a question and I did my best to give an answer as I saw it. The question was about elected EU representatives,I'm very sorry if you got the wrong end of the stick. Perhaps Ellal could make his questions clearer and less ambiguous in future though I must admit that I had no issues understanding.

Ellal asked a question
Yes, I read it too.....

To which you answered...…

I feel that they are a layer of government that we don't really need and I'm not sure that I want to pay for them in my taxes

It is not clear from this answer which politicians you are referring to. The question was about both MP's and MEP's. Perhaps you missed that. Would you clarify please as to whether you mean MEP's, MP's or both.

Sponsored Links
Back