metal conduit

As I've said, if there are not good screwed connections throughout the conduit system, then you risk not having any form of fault protection on section(s) of conduit containing singles.

Securespark's old method sounds foolproof, it's a shame it is not considered normal practice today.

I wonder how many steel conduit systems are thrown together and hand tightened with poor joints on the wrong assumption that a separate cpc will allow the attainment of all the requirements.

Sponsored Links
Thanks - I ask because I am thinking about running parallel lights from an existing ceiling rose and didn't want to run the cable above the ceiling - instead I was going to use these below the ceiling??
Could you use plastic conduit?

Perhaps he wants the visual impact of galv?

20130327124842_GALVACrash.jpg

Sponsored Links
Perhaps he wants the visual impact of galv?

Yes that's right. I was in a pub the other week and saw metal conbduit being used and it looked good.

Another thought would be to use this

http://www.enamelshades.co.uk/4_Outlet_Steel_Ceiling_Rose/p1102281_9828753.aspx

... so I'd connect the 1.5mm T&E and then run four separate corded flex to bulbs at separate locations about 1.5m away on the ceiling. I have seen this cord sort of hanging until it gets to the lamp where the cord simply wraps around a hook. It looks really effective.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back