Permitted methods of joining t&e

Sponsored Links
I like crimping, it has a satisfying feeling, especially hydraulic crimping.
Proper hydraulic crimping of large conductors is a whole different ballpark, and I imagine is probably the best (sometimes maybe the only sensible) jointing method in many large-conductor situations.

Kind Regards, John

I like crimping, it has a satisfying feeling, especially hydraulic crimping.
Proper hydraulic crimping of large conductors is a whole different ballpark, and I imagine is probably the best (sometimes maybe the only sensible) jointing method in many large-conductor situations.

Kind Regards, John

Well yes, although they are mostly accessible as most of the time I'm crimping ring terminals inside switch gear or bus bar chambers.

Other ones to consider actually are the resin kits. Encapsulated in hard resin, crimped joints, then buried under the ground. Most of the time the only option to avoid a lot more work at a lot more cost, the higer cost factor could contribute in most jobs never being done, even though the larger conductor resin kits aren't cheap.

Sponsored Links
Ceiling lights you can use a round drylining box, although there's nearly always enogh room providing you dress your cables properly.
And in any event, a joint which you can get at by pulling it through a hole in the ceiling after you've removed the light fitting isn't so inaccessible as to be a problem.

Ceiling lights you can use a round drylining box, although there's nearly always enogh room providing you dress your cables properly.
And in any event, a joint which you can get at by pulling it through a hole in the ceiling after you've removed the light fitting isn't so inaccessible as to be a problem.

Not very neat though :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back