minor works cert

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
on a minor works cert do i have to put a business adress down? since i have no business itll be hard doin that

also, can someone tell me what the BS number for a MCB.

another question: part 1: Q 4, details of any depatrures from BS7671, is that were i would put the existing departures for the circuit? also, would i have to rectify them?i.e if it was old imperial cable, but all test results were fine?. would i also put these faults in part 2 Q 4?

Sponsored Links
You have to put your details down.

BS:3871 Type 1/2/3/4
BS:EN 60898 Type B/C/D

Any departures affecting the circuit / board you have worked on should be noted.

Any works that need doing should be made clear to the person ordering the works, any remedial works that affect the circuit you have work on (ie, no CPC, incorrectly rated protective device) should be rectified or dont do works in the first place.....(but who wants to let work go.......)

Sponsored Links
il78 said:
You have to put your details down.

BS:3871 Type 1/2/3/4
BS:EN 60898 Type B/C/D

Any departures affecting the circuit / board you have worked on should be noted.

Any works that need doing should be made clear to the person ordering the works, any remedial works that affect the circuit you have work on (ie, no CPC, incorrectly rated protective device) should be rectified or dont do works in the first place.....(but who wants to let work go.......)

thanx for that

andrew2022 said:
another question: part 1: Q 4, details of any depatrures from BS7671, is that were i would put the existing departures for the circuit? also, would i have to rectify them?i.e if it was old imperial cable, but all test results were fine?. would i also put these faults in part 2 Q 4?
I think that in a job done you are not allowed departures from BS 7671... :confused: , if the circuit is a risk you should correct the fault.

Albert said:
andrew2022 said:
I think that in a job done you are not allowed departures from BS 7671... :confused: , if the circuit is a risk you should correct the fault.

obviously if there was a dangerous fault then it would get rectified. but what about if it didnt have an RCD for example?

As long you have covered yourself on the certificate by listing the defects that require attention.

andrew2022 said:
Albert said:
andrew2022 said:

obviously if there was a dangerous fault then it would get rectified. but what about if it didn't have an RCD for example?

This is a good point, if this is a TT system I think he should (because this is a must in TT), but if he is qualified and registered or notifies the authorities, he should do it in any case, the question is valid when the person is prevented from doing it according to part P.. than I think he should put a remark in and make sure that the customer is aware to the risk and the customer should bring in someone else to do it. Not nice for you but professional...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back