mira sport shower

'Ello.
Any chance of a 'pic' of your existing fuseboard, tails, service head etc ?
It would be a lot easier to advise.
You should have RCD protection on your shower in my opinion.
10 mm is your cable, on a 40amp mcb. (not possible with your existing fuseboard, maybe another enclosure is needed ? :eek: )

PS Make sure you get your supplementary equip bonding in as you go when re-fitting your bathroom ;)

Dare I mention Part 'P' ??
Cheers
Ed.

Sponsored Links
my incoming supply says pme on it does this help do i need to change my concumer unit please help

Most shower manufacturers insist on RCD protection, so I would suggest getting an electrician in to fit a separate consumer unit with RCD and 40A MCB.

Get 10mm² cable fitted for the shower, you might also find that the main earthing plus supplementary/main bonding conductors need upgrading while he is there.

Sponsored Links
davy_owen_88 said:
Most shower manufacturers insist on RCD protection, so I would suggest getting an electrician in to fit a separate consumer unit with RCD and 40A MCB.

Get 10mm² cable fitted for the shower, and you might find the main earthing, supplementary and main bonding conductors need upgrading.

Excellent advice Davy ;)

I've answered most of your questions already. Please go back and re-read my post.

What does your CU look like?

its the old plastic wylex one and says dont exceed 60 amps would you suggest change it and wire shower to new one

Yes you can run the cable in YT4 trunking, and yes it has been suggested that you fit a new consumer unit with RCD protection to supply the shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back