MK LN Bus Bar

Sponsored Links
I have noticed quite a few ebay sellers charge extortionate postage costs for small components of consumer boards (in relation to the cost of the product) for some reason.
Perhaps this is in keeping with the rip-off culture which has, unfortunately affected some of the electrical wholesaler's around town.

Gotta take into account time & materials as well as actual postage cost when buying from eBay. Particularly if somebody uses eBay as their main source of income. They're gonna cover their costs.

Sponsored Links
I have noticed quite a few ebay sellers charge extortionate postage costs for small components of consumer boards (in relation to the cost of the product) for some reason.
What sort of amounts for postage (and packing, and time) would you regard as extortionate for "small components of consumer boards"? Do I take it that you are referring to MCBs, RCBOs, RCDs and the like?

Kind Regards, John

Yes, especially when other firms sell the same part number for the same price, but include postage for these lightweight items.
Six pounds for postage on average seemed high, when al you need is a Jiffy bag and a franking machine for postage procedures.

I suppose if people are unable to cope with the concept of adding item price and postage to get the total, and considering if that is a good deal or not.....

Personally IDGAT how the price breaks down.

Six pounds for postage on average seemed high, when al you need is a Jiffy bag and a franking machine for postage procedures.
"Six pounds for postage on avarage"?? Goodness knows where that 'average' comes from. I just typed "MCB" into eBay, and 45 of the first 50 hits had 'free postage', and only one of the remaining 5 had more than £2 postage. The average over those first 50 listings is about 20p per item.

Kind Regards, John

Thanks for your thoughts. I was successful in the end and got one that was exactly the right size. Even better he only lived two miles away so I did not have to pay postage. I much prefer people to be up front about costs instead of loading some of their profit into postage on ebay. MyHermes only cost £2.70 for something under 1 KG. The bar I got allowed me to add three extra MCBs and only cost £4.00 which I thought was very reasonable.
Thanks again.

I much prefer people to be up front about costs instead of loading some of their profit into postage on ebay.
They are upfront - they tell you what the postage will be.

If you had a choice between two sellers of an identical item, one quoted £9 with 99p postage, and the other wanted 99p + £8 postage, would you really go for the first one, and pay more money, because you don't like people "loading some of their profit into postage"?

Perhaps this is in keeping with the rip-off culture which has, unfortunately affected some of the electrical wholesaler's around town.
Feel free not to buy if the total price is more than you want to pay.

I think I would go for the one for £9, because if it didn't work, or got lost I would be sure to get some money back.

I much prefer people to be up front about costs instead of loading some of their profit into postage on ebay.
They are upfront - they tell you what the postage will be.

If you had a choice between two sellers of an identical item, one quoted £9 with 99p postage, and the other wanted 99p + £8 postage, would you really go for the first one, and pay more money, because you don't like people "loading some of their profit into postage"?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back