Modifications and insurance

Sponsored Links
Do you think a dirty engine would fail an mot ?
A greasy engine could attract attention and advisory. I had some white marks and the guy said I had a coolant leak. I never had a coolant leak. I did have a coolant splashing/flooding everywhere when I changed it. That was probably 15 years ago.

Sponsored Links
My oil consumption over the years have mostly gone on to the AC compressor. Turns out the "Fly Pig" china belts are Abby Belts. Is this brand any good? These are 4 years old and I remain satisfied.

oil-leak.png

Can't find any info on it. Looks like a china brand owned by AUCERAMIC. They make rocker covers as well.

My oil consumption over the years have mostly gone on to the AC compressor. Turns out the "Fly Pig" china belts are Abby Belts. Is this brand any good? These are 4 years old and I remain satisfied.

View attachment 332693
I can tell you about them, but you won't listen.

How did you check them to be satisfied by them? The writing on them does look clean and legible.

A greasy engine could attract attention and advisory. I had some white marks and the guy said I had a coolant leak. I never had a coolant leak. I did have a coolant splashing/flooding everywhere when I changed it. That was probably 15 years ago.
It depends from mot guy.
Once I had to go somewhere different from my usual mot garage(that doesn't do repairs) and this scammer failed me on emission and large leak from gearbox.
Unfortunately for him I knew my passat and told him there was no leak.
He refused to show me for h&s reasons and said it was illegal to drive the car away.
Repair would have cost £1500.
I drove away, went to VW, showed them the mot failure and they were very nice.
They had a spot available in the afternoon, I went back and they let me watch while they re-examined the car and they even took pictures of the gearbox on my phone.

Passed mot perfectly, there was no leak and emissions were well below the limit.
They commented on how well the 25+ year old car was kept.
I went back to the scammer, showed them VW mot and pictures of the gearbox and somehow the garage owner gave me the mot money back without moaning.

It depends from mot guy.
Once I had to go somewhere different from my usual mot garage(that doesn't do repairs) and this scammer failed me on emission and large leak from gearbox.
Unfortunately for him I knew my passat and told him there was no leak.
He refused to show me for h&s reasons and said it was illegal to drive the car away.
Repair would have cost £1500.
I drove away, went to VW, showed them the mot failure and they were very nice.
They had a spot available in the afternoon, I went back and they let me watch while they re-examined the car and they even took pictures of the gearbox on my phone.

Passed mot perfectly, there was no leak and emissions were well below the limit.
They commented on how well the 25+ year old car was kept.
I went back to the scammer, showed them VW mot and pictures of the gearbox and somehow the garage owner gave me the mot money back without moaning.
Should have asked the original tester for a vt17 appeal form.

He might have reconsidered there and then

I’ve never had any appeals against any of my tests but I’ve seen them done at my station. That was about 10 years or more ago but I don’t think things have changed.

Appeals are okay if you have the time and don’t need to use the car. You have to book and pay for another test which will be done with a vosa inspector present at a different test station to the original. If it passes, you get your original test fee back and the original testing station/tester gets points awarded against them.

Sponsored Links
Back