Mouse Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have quite a few mice in my house which is not good now the cat has gone. I have caught 4 in the humane metal traps and let them go away from house. I'm still seing more small brown ones and the lighter brown ones, dark brown seem smaller? anyway Im going to get the standard rentokill spring traps later as I've had enough after seeing 2 of them in front of telly on carpet last night. I intend to go around the house then and fill any gaps/holes.

Will duct tape hold them if I run it along the walls?
Also, I had a musty damp smell in one bedroom little damp issue around the window but could it be a nest under the floor?

Help please?

Sz

Sponsored Links
Will duct tape hold them if I run it along the walls?
No, they will just chew through it.

Wire wool is the best material for temporary blocking access holes.

Trapping and releasing elsewhere is humane for the mouse but not for the people living close to the release point.

Spring traps are humane in that the death is rapid and painless. Some mice find chocolate irristible and as such it makes a very good bait, better than cheese

• Thanks
Reactions: sz1
Thanks will place spring traps around house tonightn dont want poison to stink house with dead. Worried about dog but make sure her food is off the floor when not eating, need another cat I think now. Will try choc and the wire wool until I cement up outside cracks.

Thanks

Try the sonic mouse repellents.
Some swear by them, others deride them.

Try one for yourself.
Google for them. There's many different varieties.

• Thanks
Sponsored Links
Sounds like your mouse problem is quite serious, the only way to sort it is to use Poison Bait
But keep an eye on the dog and its food. thats whats attracting them

Traps are OK for the occasional mouse, but if you had a couple sitting in front and watching the TV, there could be several others that were not interested in what was on TV at the time.

• Thanks
Haha nice one, we dont want the poison method due to dog and rot smell afterwards, Im hoping to get them in the traps but last resort then poison with dog away. Cant believe how cheeky the things are, time to destroy now heard them eating wires too so fire hazard...thanks

Trouble is, mice can mature and reproduce within a matter of weeks and this can last all year.

Well it will need to be done if it worsens, so far we are seeing 3 around the same places, I removed 4 already, so see what happens I need daylight to cement outside around the house but when I get home its pitch black, so cant do that until Thursday morning! Someone said on a post killing them only makes more come in is that true? RSPCA say snap traps are humane way providing done right, its the wife she doesnt like killing them but then she shouts at me when they are there, I want them gone, any way it takes, besides watching free telly lol.

Thanks I got 2 traps so hope they help, the wife will get on at me for killing them but the alternative is a waiting game in which my electrics will be damaged and other things, they been chewing on my lamp cable and xmas tree lights already, they need to be gone any way which is the fastest method, will leave the metal catcher down too which I got 4 with but they wising up to that now, so I freed 4 but now its getting serious so its time to get real.

Just one thing is it nonsense when the say killing them will only bring in more? and if left dead on the trap ticks can leave them and get into your pets?

If they're watching the telly, chewing wires and going at the Xmas tree, that is not a few mice, it's an infestation.

How did it get to that stage? Do you live next door to a takeaway or a bakery,
or do you leave dog food all over the place?

Poison is the best method combined with traps.

When the mouse is dying it goes to the trap easily. Caught about a dozen in my home that way a few weeks back.

I've had success with a humane trap and have caught several using it. I've tended to , ahem , dispose of the occupants permantely. Recently I loaned the trap to a customer and she caught one a day for almost a fortnight freeing them in the adjacent field. However , as this was probably less than a hundred yards away I'm fairly convinced that some of the mice she caught were in fact the same one. Spoke to a pest control guy who did say that if you are using the humane traps then you really need to drive (i.e in the car) the mice away before releasing.

Sponsored Links
Back