My 3 year old Ravenheat boiler won't fire up

Sponsored Links
Hi Tangerine i have misread your post and thought the boiler was a csi combi thats why i said it has a low water pressure switch as all ravenheat later combis do
so it looks like its an electrical fault have you tried turning the mains off to the boiler for about 5 mins this sometimes works on some boilers
and make sure the clock is working ok i know that a lot of the digital clocks seem to be working and the red light is on but they do not switch inside i have had to link the 2 spade connectors on the output together loads of times just to get boilers working until i replaced the clocks its worth checking out i have changed dozens for the same fault

sorry to mislead you

Hi Gasmick2
Yeah I had a feeling you thought it was a combi, no worries.
I have tried the things you suggested, but no joy.
I was thinking of just replacing the APS and overheat stat, caus' everything else seems to work ok independently.
I was hoping for a cheaper solution but can't see one.

Hi i still do not think its the A P S because that will not pull in until the fan comes on, if i was faced with the problem the first thing i would do is to go back to basics and replace the link for the stat and clock, then i would trace where the 240v is up to first port of call is the overheat stat if its on there then it goes to the pump overrun stat and temp stat , if its all ok on there then is the time to start looking at the pcb /// i wonder if you have checked the fuses on board ?? trouble is the board has relays on which control loads of things its a matter of elimination until you hit on it i know people that have spent £500/600 on repairs to boilers because all some people will do is to keep replacing parts,
get a mains test probe and move it about to all the test points ,
PS the board will supply a 240v feed to the A P S there is no neutral if you use a mains probe you will need to find a neutral point to test
best of luck
mick

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for all the advice. I'll give it a try and hopefully get back to you with good news.

Is the pressure up ? 1.5 bar for these.
Have you took the white cap off and tried pressing the reset button?
That reset button is your OH stat and they are something that goes wrong but usually do so when they get used a lot.
Is the power getting to the fan?

BTW There is no Low pressure switch on my copy of CSI primary instructions.

Would it not be cheaper to get someone in to look at the boiler instead of throwing good money at parts not required?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back