My lovely neighbour!

IanDB said:
I don't see any reason why you can't paint your side of the fence a different colour though. As it has now become a party wall (and that then starts another wonderfully vague legalistic route) you can do anything you like to your side.

Painting your neighbour's fence:

TV gardening programmes may inspire you to stain or paint the fences around your garden in some colour other than creosote brown. The chances are that some of these fences belong to your neighbour and not to you. Strictly speaking, you must ask your neighbour's permission to paint or stain your side of his fence - it is after all his property and on his land. What if he says "No"?

If he says "No!" then you must leave his fence alone. If you go ahead and stain it anyway then you are doing criminal damage to his property.

This is a clip from This site

Sponsored Links
If dividers between your adjacent drives ARE allowed, why not build a brick wall along from your boundary? Then the edge of their blockwork would not be mistaken for the boundary, it would look a lot nicer. Doesn't have to be too high, just high enough to establish that your garage wall IS the boundary.

Set up a Gypsy camp on your drive -- :confused:
Ok noses and faces -- So -- A caravan parked on the drive could be quite unappealing to your neighbour.
:cry:

Sponsored Links
mildmanneredjanitor said:
The worst bit was the fact the man of the house worked for a vehicle breakdown/recovery firm, so had a dirty great diesel engineed recovery truck which he parked on the driveway! The best bit, he was on 24hr callout, so would start this thing up at anytime throughout the night and shake the whole house waking everyone up (including their 4 year old son and new baby!)

Good job D & J haven't read this!

I SAID, IT'S A GOOD JOB D & J HAVEN'T READ THIS!

Sorry about the delay in replying chaps, but im on a business trip to Germany at the moment and found it difficult to get on the internet.

Anyway, after reading all the replies it seems that if im gonna do this properly (legally) im going to have to define my boundry without any doubts. It seem like this may be an impossible task with the current laws and legislation. I don't want to inflame an already tense situation with the neighbours and im certainly not gonna come down to their level. Believe me, i've thought up some pretty wild and wonderful retaliatory actions but unfortunately i could be sued for almost all of them :evil:

I will just comfort myself by adorning my side of the fence with items or colours that suit me, and be dammed.

Once again thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.

It would appear that if we do not either have large funds or a preparedness to spend, we do not get a fair crack of the whip.
I must ask again what point the land registry the fee the cr ap dwgs ? I mean they might as well say 'Ok' you own x.xx acres somewhere in Uk near to or at this address nnnnnn .... Not exactly that costly to administer I would have thought. ... £1-50 a sale would be expensive for literally so d all.
I am thinking long tape measure, camera and lots of pictures ... GPS would be great for large area, but in the normal garden I suspect most problems are about distances of less than a metre hence the normal GPS not accurate enough. Triangulation then I suppose --- But where are the datum points hmmmmm ?? :rolleyes:
;)

pip

I did hear from one solicitor that a few years ago the land registry got hammered for giving out inaccurate boundry information. Apparently they had to pay out a fair wedge in compensation. Hence the rather c**p drawings that they now provide. Their prices havn't come down correspondingly though.

Typical eh?

Sponsored Links
Back