My Phone Must Be Eavesdropping...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...because yesterday evening, number 3 lad was preparing to go off to work (in the kitchens of a local restaurant).

"Have we got any aprons? I could do with one for work."

This morning, there's an ad on my screen

"WORK UNIFORMS"

"SHOP APRONS NOW"

:eek:

Sponsored Links
...because yesterday evening, number 3 lad was preparing to go off to work (in the kitchens of a local restaurant).

"WORK UNIFORMS"

"SHOP APRONS NOW"

I’ve found that loads of times. Alexa too if you have one.

I have had occasions where I thought about something, and a day or to later was presented with an advert for it.

I just put it down to coincidence. I do not believe that my phone can read my mind.

Am I confident that the likes of Amazon Echo speakers never "accidentally" eavesdrop, no I am not.

Sponsored Links

"WORK UNIFORMS"

"SHOP APRONS NOW"

Turn microphone off on apps. Seems to help on an iPhone. I don’t there’s much hope with an android as they are all Google “spies” imho.

Turn microphone off on apps. Seems to help on an iPhone. I don’t there’s much hope with an android as they are all Google “spies” imho.

If I was thus inclined, I could lock down my android far more than an iphone user.

It is much easier to root an android than an iphone

Anyone else getting bombarded by Temu adverts on here?

As I've never bought anything from them, nor shown any interest in what they're advertising, I looked them up on Google.

Synopsis was that they're basically a huge and untrustworthy Chinese company, flogging a lot of cheap tat and fakes.

If I was thus inclined, I could lock down my android far more than an iphone user.

It is much easier to root an android than an iphone
That’s not my experience with androids. I’ve found they always turn location and microphone sneakily. iPhones, just turn it off and it stays off.

Although I’ve not had the misfortune to use an android for a while.

Anyone else getting bombarded by Temu adverts on here?

As I've never bought anything from them, nor shown any interest in what they're advertising, I looked them up on Google.

Synopsis was that they're basically a huge and untrustworthy Chinese company, flogging a lot of cheap tat and fakes.

My hobby is trolling MAGAs on the daily mail app. I get lots of Temu adverts.

it is totally beyond me why people are so happy to carry a listening and tracking device with them 24 hours a day,

It was not that many years ago when they were introducing CCTV to town centres, and there seemed to be nationwide distrust and fear into the loss of privacy - Presumably these people now have iPhones and Alexas and don't mind the 100% lass of privacy even in their own homes! - very strange.

That’s not my experience with androids. I’ve found they always turn location and microphone sneakily. iPhones, just turn it off and it stays off.

Although I’ve not had the misfortune to use an android for a while.

Erm... both Google androids and iphones have been shown to surreptitiously turn on wifi and GPS to help with their mapping software.

Google needs to slurp your data to make money, Apple slurps it because they can.

Erm... both Google androids and iphones have been shown to surreptitiously turn on wifi and GPS to help with their mapping software.

Google needs to slurp your data to make money, Apple slurps it because they can.
Androids have the worst security record. It’s an apple v android thing. Each to their own.

Everything is "fake news" if it falls outside your definition of normal. It is only "misinformation" if it does not conform to your belief pattern.

You have been told that Echelon exists & you have been told that Brigade 77 exists, yet your "normal" insists that nothing except that which you believe can possibly be true.

You simply cannot accept that everything you do & everything you say & everything you think is picked up by the 5 eyes.

Can you possibly accept that what you perceive as "normal" is not actually "normal"?

What you perceive as "normal" is something they planted in your head.

Sponsored Links
Back