My Phone Must Be Eavesdropping...

Have I missed anything out?

Dork once read an article in the very same tabloid that spent £100's of 000's trying to find the truth behind the Soham murders, it said that Maxine was now enjoying a blissful life in a seaside town somewhere on the east coast. Dork knows that wasn't true because Dork was working on her house a few days before.

What work could possibly be so lucrative on the home of a retarded murderers accomplice that would attract multimillionaire Dork?

I can’t wait for Dorks Auto biography comes out. It’s going to reach the very top of the fiction charts.

Sponsored Links
It’s been long proved google are the worst for security.

Apple won’t let anyone use a back for their phones. Android will.

So I know my phone is secure and an android is compromised out of the box.

From your link

"Apple must review all apps in the App Store before making them available to users, ensuring that all apps are free from malware and other security threats."

In 2011, Charlie Miller, uploaded a non-harmful app to the App Store (as a proof of concept), it had the ability to steal data from users phones. He warned Apple about vulnerabilities. Rather than thanking him, they took away his developer licence.

When you say that apple won't allow a back- I guess you mean backdoor? Assuming that you use their iCloud backups, they will happily comply with court orders to hand those over. In China, they handed over stewardship of those back ups to a state owned telco. iCloud backups are encrypted, but as the gatekeepers of the encryption keys, it would be trivial for them to create phantom virtual devices that they could download the image to.

No internet enabled phone should be considered as "secure". It does however sound like you feel the need to believe that you are secure, so, what the hell, go for it.

No one ever hacked into my Nokia 6100 in my 16 years of owning it. :cool:

In 2004, I owned a Windows Mobile 2003 phone. I walked in to my local, I was harangued by constant alerts to allow the transfer of a bluetooth file. As soon as I clicked no, I had another request. It rendered my phone unusable.

I was aware of the Cabir (symbian) Bluetooth worm. I had to leave the pub, walking away from the infected Nokia, turn off my Bluetooth, and then I could walk back in to the pub without the constant requests.

Cabir had no ability to infect my phone and it wasn't a particularly malicious app but don't assume that any phone is completely safe.

Sponsored Links
From your link

"Apple must review all apps in the App Store before making them available to users, ensuring that all apps are free from malware and other security threats."

In 2011, Charlie Miller, uploaded a non-harmful app to the App Store (as a proof of concept), it had the ability to steal data from users phones. He warned Apple about vulnerabilities. Rather than thanking him, they took away his developer licence.

When you say that apple won't allow a back- I guess you mean backdoor? Assuming that you use their iCloud backups, they will happily comply with court orders to hand those over. In China, they handed over stewardship of those back ups to a state owned telco. iCloud backups are encrypted, but as the gatekeepers of the encryption keys, it would be trivial for them to create phantom virtual devices that they could download the image to.

No internet enabled phone should be considered as "secure". It does however sound like you feel the need to believe that you are secure, so, what the hell, go for it.
2011 again.

I don’t use iCloud. But I’m secure in my knowledge google make their money trading information and apple sell actual goods. So if I had to pick one based just on that, I’d say Apple is a lot safer bet.

I don’t want to get into an irrelevant argument. I’m happy with apple.

I wouldn't trust any US-based money grabbing vastly rich company.

But it does appear that Apple is much more resistant to state intrusion than Google. They've recently threatened to switch off their messaging service in the UK if the UK makes its backdoor for spying mandatory...

Google hasn't said a word, so is presumably completely happy for anyone to read anything on its Gmail servers, which has never used encryption anyway, so all emails sent and received have always been stored in plain text on its servers.

But the same arguments probably apply to Apple's email servers too.

I just assume that privacy just doesn't exist any more, and accept that this is just how it is unless you disconnect from the internet and pull the battery out of your phone.

I use Android, mainly because Apple's products have a massive idiot price premium and pretty much force you buying all other tech from them too, otherwise it won't work nicely together.

I wouldn't trust any US-based money grabbing vastly rich company.

But it does appear that Apple is much more resistant to state intrusion than Google. They've recently threatened to switch off their messaging service in the UK if the UK makes its backdoor for spying mandatory...

That didn't have a problem with allowing the Chinese government to install a backdoor though.

iMessage is one of the only end to end encrypted messaging services allowed in China. Why? Because Apple allow the Chinese govt to use enterprise certificates to install malware that intercepts the messages before they are encrypted.

The USA is their biggest iphone market, I guess China is second, and the UK is probably third. Granted, China is more important given that their phones are made there.

Like you, I don't trust any American mega global incs.

Back