Neighbours boiler safety becasue of my new build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's a bit like a car accident it's always the person behind that gets the blame even if the muppet in front slams on their brakes for no reason
It's case law. Judges decided, years ago, that if you hit another vehicle from behind, you must have been driving too close to them.

Insurance companies love it as it removes all the hassle, probably in court with expensive solicitors and barristers, of deciding who was at fault.

Sponsored Links
Rather than the muppet driving too closely?
How can you ensure that you are far enough in front of the car behind? Look in your rear mirror all the time?

SMASH!

'Sorry Officer, I didn't see the car in front as I was looking in my mirror to make sure I wasn't too close to the guy behind.'

Ernest Marples (Minister of Transport 1959-64) once said: It's not the idiot behind that you have to worry about; it's the idiot in front!

So D Hailsham, do you drive in front of or behind of other cars?

Sponsored Links

Ernest Marples (Minister of Transport 1959-64) once said: It's not the idiot behind that you have to worry about; it's the idiot in front![/quote]

Which actually supports my point! Don't worry about the muppet behind you - it's your job to watch where you are going.

I'm not sure what Law the OP has broken; maybe DIA will enlighten us.

Its an HSE issue Dave.

Building the porch has put others at risk, if a neighbour were to get killed as a result of the flue being blocked, Mr Porch would get done for manslaughter.

I phoned gassafe and they agree, so if anyone wants to try the HSE carry on.

http://www.a1gassafe.co.uk/pdf/TECHNICAL_BULLETIN_231.pdf

i know it's a Corgi doc but things haven't changed

You are still going on about the flue being wrong, we know that.

As gassafe said Mr porch is more in the wrong because of the safety issue.

Mr porch should have given notice to relocate the flue and ensured it was, before the porch was built.

Hi
An interesting thread.
I can see that if the porch wall had been built and next door had then been injured or worse then Mr Porch (and/or maybe the architect and builders) would be facing a difficult time.
However, now next door know that the boiler flue distance is incorrect and could be dangerous - regardless of who has caused the problem. I would think the reponsibility of subsequently using the boiler and any consequences now rests with them.
Of course I only think this and I could be wrong. Dont quote me in the Old Bailey.

But Mr Porch didn't know about gas safety re flue's. Why should he? He was interested in building a porch. The neighbour knows by now that his flue is in the wrong place -so he can blimin well shift it.

But Mr Porch didn't know about gas safety re flue's. Why should he? He was interested in building a porch. The neighbour knows by now that his flue is in the wrong place -so he can blimin well shift it.

As I said before ignorance is not a defense.

But Mr Flue knows he is in the wrong now - so now has the option top move his flue out of the way. If he chooses not to - that's his choice.

Dead right ignorance no excuse the gas fitter I use the term loosely should not have put the flue too near to the boundary it's inthe rules to read and if anyone should pay it's the fitter he should be made to fix it at his own expense and if not then he looses his ticket if he's got one

Answer to this problem....Heads Mr Porch pays, tails Mr Boiler pays..........tosses a coin ( I really did and here is what came..................Heads is)

So Mr Porch pays Mr Boiler to amend his flue! simples, no courts, no H&S, no thuggery from corrupt officials !

I am really surprised the OP has not come back for any further updates or pictures, may be he has already received notice from the BC to take it down until the flue is moved or extended! may be!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back