Neighbours boiler safety becasue of my new build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Need some advice on this one.

Informed neighbour of my intentions - we informally spoke about it, agreed and sent him a written letter of my intentions. He was ok about it

Cheers.

Mr Porch clearly notified Mr Flue of his intentions and that gave Mr Flue plenty of time to ensure his system was going to work safely in the new senario.

Mr Flue did not bother to consider his boiler or get it checked by the installer or any other nupty gas innstaller.

It seems to me that Mr Porch did everything correctly and is in no way to blame!

So where is the feedback from Mr Porch on the current situation? Or comments from Mr Flue?

Informed neighbour of my intentions - we informally spoke about it, agreed and sent him a written letter of my intentions. He was ok about it

Cheers.

Mr Porch clearly notified Mr Flue of his intentions and that gave Mr Flue plenty of time to ensure his system was going to work safely in the new senario.

Mr Flue did not bother to consider his boiler or get it checked by the installer or any other nupty gas innstaller.

It seems to me that Mr Porch did everything correctly and is in no way to blame!

So where is the feedback from Mr Porch on the current situation? Or comments from Mr Flue?

OK, fair enough, we get the point, but did they both anticipate any problems afterwards?

so now they both have issues, a new scenario has developed, each probably blames the other, and wants the other to cough up the cost for remedial work, hence why OP seeking this advice, and he has left us arguing amongst ourselves and has done a runner!

Sponsored Links
My 2ps worth

Mr Flue should contact the original installer, inform them that they didn't install to regulations and have left them in a dangerous situation because Mr Porch has exercised his right to build on his property and that Mr Installer needs to remidy the situation at his cost. (assuming the regs of the day covered this).

I'm not sure if Buildings insurance would cover defective workmanship like this so may be worth checking Mr Flues policy document to see if they will pay and then chase Mr Installer for the costs. Additionally, if Mr flue paid on credit card then it may be worth investigating Section 75 to see if time/financial limits will allow it to be covered.

Failing that, they should probably go 50/50 on a plume kit to keep neighbourly relations alive (though no doubt they will have been dented already).

I don't see the dilemma here. One of the structures (porch) is legal. The other one (flue) is not. It's obvious which one the courts would support so why waffle on? Mr Flue has to chase down his original installer or pay for the alteration himself.

If Mr Flue was a truck driver and was driving around with a trailer that was too high - then Mr Porch built a bridge to the legal height - would you be telling Mr Porch to take his bridge down or Mr Flue to adjust the height of his trailer?

It's a no-brainer.

Cheers.

OK, fair enough, we get the point, but did they both anticipate any problems afterwards?

so now they both have issues, a new scenario has developed, each probably blames the other, and wants the other to cough up the cost for remedial work, hence why OP seeking this advice, and he has left us arguing amongst ourselves and has done a runner!

You seem to be the only one arguing.
Wouldn't like too live next door to you. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So cmon, how many dodgy flues have you fitted? Half of London?
Fess up. :LOL:

Cheers.

You seem to be the only one arguing.
Wouldn't like too live next door to you. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So cmon, how many dodgy flues have you fitted? Half of London?
Fess up. :LOL:

Don't get me started on this, I could teach a thing or two to H&S and Gas safe body and their members! i.e. How to not issue registrations to hundreds and thousands of dodgy and rip off installers!

(No I didn't really mean that! ) :D

Perhaps the OP has not returned because they feel the quality of advice has at best been variable, what with the imagined contravention of gas rules etc.
Maybe they have realised that more professional advice should be sought before they are hauled off to prison.

Now I must get off out to work... got a lot of Rachman wanabe’s to teach a few dodgy tricks on how to rip of their tenants. Being as how I is an expert numpty... :LOL: :rolleyes: :LOL:

what did the warning notice classify this situation as?
i dont think anyone actually spends money on ncs stuff :)

Perhaps the OP has not returned because they feel the quality of advice has at best been variable, what with the imagined contravention of gas rules etc.
Maybe they have realised that more professional advice should be sought before they are hauled off to prison.

Now I must get off out to work... got a lot of Rachman wanabe’s to teach a few dodgy tricks on how to rip of their tenants. Being as how I is an expert numpty... :LOL: :rolleyes: :LOL:

Don't mind if you were to rip off Lawyers and Doctors and Bankers, barstewrds don't think twice how the ordinary man has to sweat his balls to earn a decent and honest living and their charges are astronomical, I think you guys should charge them 4 times as much as charging poor people like me! :LOL:

Don't mind if you were to rip off Lawyers and Doctors and Bankers, barstewrds don't think twice how the ordinary man has to sweat his balls to earn a decent and honest living and their charges are astronomical, I think you guys should charge them 4 times as much as charging poor landlords like me who charge much less than the market rental value and even give so many other concessions to their tenants and feel mercy for them when they find it hard to pay rent! :LOL:

on another note, my neighbor wanted to build an extension paralell to mine, I kept mine 1m away from the boundary, as this was the requirement by the building control and planning, for some reason how he managed get his plans approved where his wall would have ended up less than half a meter away from my boundary, i.e 300mm ( about a foot away) so when the builders started to dig the foundations, I shouted and stopped them in their tracks!

The guys from the BC came and I discussed with them that by having his wall so close to my boundary, they will be effectively blocking my light, and I will be looking directly into their extension through the side windows.

This was avoided from the start, otherwise i am sure if they had proceeded regardless I would have been on here for your opinions!

another may be 6 pages! :oops:

(my neighbor couldn't really say much and accepted final decision when he was pointed that his plans should not have been approved as they hadn't drawn my extension on their drawings, they only indicated the main house building on their plans.)

So I guess, if Mr Porch had applied for a planning permission and indicated Mr Flue's flue, they they may have rejected that plan there and then or issued a notice to mr Flue to move his flue if they were wise about that flue should not be there in the first place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back