New Alpha CB28 micro switch

The reality is the diverter could be stuck in any position between the CH and DHW position. WD40 not advisable, could ruin the diaphragm.
So where would you propose applying the WD40??:rolleyes:
You're obviously unclear of how these diverter valves operate , having no experience whatsoever then I suggest you refrain from posting anymore nonsense.

Sponsored Links
It's a great pity that some posters don't become "Quiescent" and that would afford us all some peace.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: And before you ask I had to look the meaning up. I will now use it to describe switches. I don't know how I managed to follow fault finding procedures without knowing what it meant.

I can understand Bernard not to understand operation of a valve because Bernard has not had the experience of working or stripping one down to individual components or carrying out repairs on one

But to have the great top 100 engineer insist the valve can be in a 'fuzzy' position when there IS NO TAP running, defeats logic. Clearly like in an earlier topic he was unaware that removing Vaillant cover did not compromise CC seal, I wonder if this boiler is not the one Tony Thinks it is..

I can understand Bernard not to understand operation of a valve because Bernard has not had the experience of working or stripping one down to individual components or carrying out repairs on one

But to have the great top 100 engineer insist the valve can be in a 'fuzzy' position when there IS NO TAP running, defeats logic. Clearly like in an earlier topic he was unaware that removing Vaillant cover did not compromise CC seal, I wonder if this boiler is not the one Tony Thinks it is..

And the time he thought a 24/28cdi diverter could pass mains water to the CH side through the spindle even though there is an air gap between them. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
It is better to stay quiet if one does not know about something. There is no shame in it. I even tell my customers if I am unsure- they respect me for up front admission.

To not know about an appliance, then post silly stuff, be thereafter corrected and then to go on regardless is a little confusing.

if you don't know something just say so and learn from it, because whoever it is they are only kidding themselves and maybe others from incorrect information . that goes for anybody

Enjoyable read. Tony has been shown up, yet again. The Protherm Jaguar. Rests in CH. When in DHW mode diaphragm pushes pin into a micr-switch. Take that switch out then what would happen Tony?

Of course not.

But Ian has stated that the diverter CANNOT be in any other position when the switch is removed.

The reality is that the diverter can still be in either position according to whether a demand has been made for hot water.
No Ian did not the switch can be removed in any position but I am not going to keep repeating what you have been told three times now

so the mechanical design of the diverter is such that it can never stick in the CH position when there is no reason for it to be there.

For example in the CH position the actuator of the switch goes into a recess in the actuator rod of the divertor. When the divertor rod returns to DHW it has to push the switch actuator up and out of the recess. If the switch actuator has jammed then the divertor may not be able to return to the DHW position.

A better design might be a raised cam on the diverter rod that pushes the switch actuator to be ON when the divertor rod was in CH position
I honestly dont know why I bother NO NO NO , on this boiler it is the other way around when the boiler is in CH mode the switch is pushed in and doesnt call for heat, when the divertor is actuated into DHW mode then the switch drops into the recess and calls for heat when the divertor valve returns to CH mode the switch is pushed up again and stops the call for heat, the recess on the divertor shaft is for the DHW call not the other way around , I dont care if you think the other way around is a better design , this is how this diverter valve was designed and manufactured what is so hard to understand ??? it is what it is

Tony , you constantly perch yourself upon a pedestal that only you envisage , slating every gas man and his dog due to you having a false sense of security.....belittling the plumbing industry as if they came off the bottom of your shoe......the arrogance and pompous attitude you possess is disturbing at times.
To think of yourself as one of the elite is nothing short of laughable..

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back