new boiler advice...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Experts advice would be appreciated. Basically my old nightmare Ravenheat (installed by last owner) boiler packed up completely after approx 6 months of playing up so in the process of replacing. Property is 1880 end terrace, 3 bed, 1 bathroom with mains shower and bath, gas meter is approx 1 metre from boiler, 8 radiators all with thermostats. Had the following quotes:

Replace with Valaint ecotech pro 28 he, add vertical flue (flue currently less than 300mm from window), powerflush system. 5 year warranty.
£1450 add £286 for powerflush.

Replace with Vokera Unica 28he, 5 year warranty, add magnaclean filter (this guy said this would be alternative to powerflush), he didnt look at flue and didnt mention it!
£1600

Replace with ideal 28HE, 5 year warranty, add magnaclean filter (this guy also said this would be alternative to powerflush), he did look at flue but said Id get away with it!
£1450 (or £1650 for WB boiler)

All will commision, relevant notification etc!

So considering above:

1) Which quote would you take - I guess which boiler looks best/value?
2) Is magnaclean a viable alternative to powerflush?
I beleive the system is pretty clogged up symptoms demonstrated by last boiler (noises, etc) and cold spots coverig most of one of the radiators, also an engiineer doing an insurance repair replaced a part and advised me it really needed a powerflush - showed my clogged up part she took out.
3) Do these quotes look reasonable (im in Yorkshire btw)?

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
Out of the three go for the Vaillant

I would have a power flush and then still install a Magna Clean depends of course how dirty your system is, have you had a problem with sludge in the past ?

Your installer will know what to do for the best when he sees your system

Ideal = absolute shyte.
Vokera is not particularly good
Vaillant is the best of the 3 boilers, but........ the worst of all brands when it come to aftersales.

A filter is definitely no alternative to cleaning the system

Sponsored Links
From the info supplied, the Vailant quote looks best. Not only was he the cheapest, he has suggested a boiler that many would recommend on here, and seems conscientious about flue positioning.

And get a power flush!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back