New Boiler anything i missed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Newbie.

Just had new boiler installed. I ran all the new pipework and it is all brand new.

Long story but basically boiler was fitted but it has not been commisioned yet.

Do i need to do anything else other than put inhibitor in when it's done. Not got a magnaclean as it 's new and didn't see the need. What about limescale inhibitor we are in quite a hard water area?

ANy advice would be great

thanks,

Sponsored Links
Fill / flush at boiler and system drain down point a couple of times.

Most important aspect is to get it commisioned and get it legal.
Limescale reducer yes
Magnaclean yes or do new cars not have oil filters because they are new too :confused:

Pete

yes but circumstances didn't allow at the time....my own fault really!!

Have flushed once already and will be doing again before i had inhibitor.

Is being commisioned today

thanks for your help.....

ps on magnaclean front had 4 plumbers round for quotes and all said that i didn't need it???? New system as long as theres inhibitor then it should be fine was what they all said? Interesting

Sponsored Links
4 plumbers to quote for commissioniong a boiler?

What a waste of time. Unbelievable. What are the other 3 doing - trying to earn some money to cover up for the wasted time they spent giving you 'advice'.

'Advice' that you still want to debate, by the sound of it.

Oh, that's alright then. You got 4 plumbers to quote for the whole job, noted their suggestions and ideas. Then did it yourself.

It obviously didn't bother you that you were wasting the livelihoods of all 4 of them.

4 quotes is way over the top for a domestic heating job. For a domestic heating job you intended to do yourself it is a con, no more, no less.

Work it out, they all had to drive to and from your house. make appointments in their diaries. Drop other paying work potentially that came in after the appt was booked.

Then go away and write it all up, that's at least 2 hrs per man, 8 hrs in total. For a job you were intending to DIY.

PS: I think you mispelt your name

perhaps i didn't make myself clear.

I am not a gas fitter and can not install boilers. I had a boiler installed by a corgi engineer and got 4 quotes. all varying by up to a £1000 for the same boiler and job! I think i'm entitled to get as many people out as i like if there is goign to be a discrepancy like that. Unfortunately until the work is done you have no clue what it will be like. This is the main problem with "skilled" (and i use that term very loosely) I couldn't care less who's time i waste as i'm paying!

I can imagine you in a car sales room

SIMOND: Can i have that car please
SALESMAN: What before you've tried it or know anything about it?
SIMOND: Yes i want that one?
SALESMAN: Really but our compeititors have some really great cars
SIMOND: No i want that one because i know best
SALESMAN: Easiest money i've ever made

3 months later........

SIMOND: This cars ****e i really should have test driven it and found out that the clutch was ****e and the handling is poor.

If they didn't want to come around then they didn't have to did they. Clearly they didn't have enough work on!

Reading between the lines I suspect there may have been some sort of dispute between you an the installer.

One can only wonder why :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back