New boiler. Hight Street or Back Street fitter?

if you can find one willing to put his name to someone elses work then yes

good luck with that one

Sponsored Links
judderi said:
Hey i never said the back street fitter would be incompetent. They would have been a qualified plumber doing a govy job to earn some extra cash. If i wanted an incompetent fitter i would do it myself! :LOL:

Having a govy job means that you wouldn't have the necessary certificates of compliance and the installation wouldn't be legal. No comebacks either, if your boiler goes t*ts up then will you be stuck for a repair under guarantee.

Just to clear up the confusion about this wind-up thing:

To corgiman: I don't think it is, cm, unfortunately. :(

To BoxBasher: cm was actually suggesting that the OP was a wind-up, not mine. ;)

And so to judderi...

Go blow yourself you pompus prat!
Oh believe me - if I could, then I would. I'd probably spend most of my time doing it, in fact.

I simply asked for advice as i didnt know the details and legality of the issues.
I struggle to believe that. Instead, I believe that you know that there are laws controlling what you can do and what someone else can do with gas. I also believe that you know enough, about life in general, to know that "on the cheap" generally means illegally. You might be pretending that you don't, but you actually do.

But hey ive had answers from somebody who was very nice and helpfull not like yourself.
Buy hey (sic.), me being nice, or not nice, or helpful, or not helpful, doesn't make you right or me wrong.

Deal with it.

Sponsored Links
but IF u get someone to commision the system then all that box says would not apply

but its finding some one willing to do it

corgiman said:
but IF u get someone to commision the system then all that box says would not apply
Nor would it be skinflintingly cheap.

Next question then. Price range. I know you cant give me an exact but try ball park. Im not moving location but want an old boiler replaced for a combi good enough to power a terrace house of 2 floors. 8 radiators and a power shower.

get at least three quotes

its a tall order to give even a ball park on this here site

p.s who the hell is softus? idiot! Its a shame people like him spoil public forums like this. People end up being scared of asking genuine questions in fear of being ridiculed or insulted.

judderi said:
p.s who the hell is softus? idiot! Its a shame people like him spoil public forums like this. People end up being scared of asking genuine questions in fear of being ridiculed or insulted.

he is a good old boy who just doesnt suffer fools gladly

knows his stuff though, just has a quaint way of putting it

:):):):)

judderi said:
p.s who the hell is softus?
I am.

An idiot said:
Hm.

Someone with criminal intent said:
Its a shame people like him spoil public forums like this.
Am I spoiling it, or it is being sullied by people with criminal intent?

Someone ridiculous and deserving of insult said:
People end up being scared of asking genuine questions in fear of being ridiculed or insulted.
If by "people", you mean yourself, then it would be simply spiffing if you were scared off, because then you would stop asking questions [on this forum] about ways in which you can circumvent the law.

corgiman said:
BoxBasher said:
Don't worry, most of us don't sometimes.
I am cut to the quick box I really am
S'true Boxbasher - corgiman sees through me like I'm a sheet of Pilkington Activ (™). :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back