New fuse box?

2006 still required sockets that could reasonably be expected to supply equipment outdoors to be RCD protected. This was taken to mean all ground floor sockets, and by most, all sockets.

If it was me, I would be swapping the CU. Its crying out for RCD protection, and the one you have is tat!

Sponsored Links
Yes, and we can't now recommend Hager ………..:cautious: or Wylex ……… or Crabtree…….. or MK……….. I can't RECALL one …..

DS

Yes, and we can't now recommend Hager ………..:cautious: or Wylex ……… or Crabtree…….. or MK……….. I can't RECALL one …..
As I've said/implied, I don't really think that 'knee jerks' are particularly realistic. It's a bit like saying that one won't employ anyone who has ever made a mistake, or got something wrong. In either cases, one leaves oneself with few, if any, choices!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Schneider? They had any recalls lately?

The hager recall doesn't really affect as many domestic installs, unlike the Wylex one

I wouldn't say "planned", I would say "commenced".
Designed, strictly speaking. Although it would have had to have been much before 2006. The 2004 amendment to BS 7671:2001 only dealt with cable colours, for example.

The 16th Edition appeared as both BS 7671:1991 and BS 7671:2001.

Common under the 15th. IME, new builds (Wimpy and the like) started doing this around 1983 onwards.

Under the 16th I don't recall RCD protecting all downstairs sockets and certainly not all socets..net If we did then there would not have been the fuss when the 17th edition came into force.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back