New gas boiler in greenhouse

NOT an ideal place to site a boiler in a greenhouse because the temperatures could be in excess of 100deg. The boiler needs a good circulation of air. There must be plenty of other places in the property a lot more suitable. Regards chrisey

Sponsored Links
as its an old greenhouse and the space isnt used effectively I take part of it down and replace by a boiler room anyway.A bit more work but might give me a boot/drying room in the process.

Sponsored Links
I dont think plants would do very well at 100 C Dan.

If the greenhouse was fitted with permanent ventilation to stop it getting too hot then I dont think that would be much of a problem.

A good glazier can cut a circular hole to close fit the flue outside and the remaining gap could be sealed with high temp silicone.

Dont all boiler engineers only talk about degrees C ???

Since solar panels stagnate at 150 C to 250 C then its very likely a greenhouse could get to well over 100 C

Tony

Dan Robinson wrote

Good place for an air heat pump though...

Er no. The heat pump outdoor unit would chill the greenhouse and leave it running inefficiently. Assuming of course the unit is in in heating mode and your talking about a small domestic sized greenhouse.

Lets agree to disagree then 'cos I am getting phecked off with people being argumentative for the sake of it - this forum is here to help non professionals.

I'm quite happy to discuss it in a dedicated thread though....

Dan Robinson wrote

people being argumentative for the sake of

Not being argumentative. Just stating facts thats all.
If you have reason to believe the unit will operate satisfactorily in a greenhouse then kindly state why.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back