New Invention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I would like to thank those people who were genuinly interested and posted sensible questions.

I feel sorry for those who are unable to be sensible, but hey just keep your eyes open the valve will be launched under the name 'Radmate' and it will revolusionise the decorating industry.

Regards to all,

Llewellyn

Tis correct.
You have a patent for an "isolation valve"

Although for some strange reason its 13 years old

Please describe its operation.

I'm still confused about what is going to happen to the water in the rad.

Lifting rads that are full of water is no fun.

Will someone tell him how to post photo's.

I'm clueless on that one.

doitall said:
I just invented an answer to the Gas shortage,

Its called "Water Systems" :evil:

Hopw about burning all those Chav clothes in the power stations - sort out the energy problem.

Sponsored Links
Save the photo in Photo bucket etc, and copy and paste the IMG tags

a71_001.jpg

Water Systems said:
doitall said:
I just invented an answer to the Gas shortage,

Its called "Water Systems" :evil:

Hopw about burning all those Chav clothes in the power stations - sort out the energy problem.

Working for national grid at the moment, think I should suggest it salesman :rolleyes:

Llewellyn said:
I would like to thank those people who were genuinly interested and posted sensible questions.
Regards to all,

Llewellyn

Sorry...We are all genuinely interested.. but with all the hi-jinks that`s been occurring on this forum of late, it was kind of hard to tell.Please allow myself to be the first to eat humble pie...Please do explain further..
(Is there an emoticon for `brown noser`) :?:

Bamber gaspipe said:
You may have invented it but you didn`t patent the part about `sieving steamed porridge through tramps sock before passing through Gumbi valve`... that idea was mine & mine alone.Only I should be allowed to benefit..

Ah but is the Gubmi valve inverted or regressive?

(sigh) it would be obvious to any competent Diy`er that the Gumbi valve is inverted, but only in relation to the Ackalacker valve when switched to the `hot water only` position. In Central heating/Hot water position the `doings` valve splits between Fridays & Wednesdays with time off for good behaviour....I hope this clears things up..

Sorry to be negative but I would never fit them. Too many parts to sieze up, and O rings to leak.

Check out the adjustable radiator tails for sale - use O rings - guaranteed to leak at some stage. How about the radiator tails with ball valves built in - start leaking as you isolate them.

You can spend as much time as you like on the test bench but out in the real world of heating systems....

Check out boiler diverter valves, most of the shuttle types have problems sooner or later. Consider all those contaminants to degrade the O rings/sieze up the mechanism for instance - machining oil from radiators and brassware, release agents from moulding tools, chemical cleaners, inhibitors, leeched plasticisors from plastic boiler ccomponents, flux, sand, corrosion products etc .

Put a lifetime warranty (including my labour to swap them out) and I may reconsider.

Bamber gaspipe said:
(sigh) it would be obvious to any competent Diy`er that the Gumbi valve is inverted, but only in relation to the Ackalacker valve when switched to the `hot water only` position. In Central heating/Hot water position the `doings` valve splits between Fridays & Wednesdays with time off for good behaviour....I hope this clears things up..

Thanks for that. I was going to warn U about the regresive ones..... They are nasty little blighters....

I like it when the mad people visit here.

Llewellyn said:
I have invented, and patented...

Would you be able and willing to publish the patent number so that we can have a look?

Edit - sorry for asking a question that you've already answered. :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back