New Olive Puller

Sponsored Links
i wonder how easy it is to switch to 22mm, also dont like having to carry loose bits for a hand tool. I used to really like the monument splitters, but you needed one for each size. I just keep the rothernberger one now as its just more convenient to have one tool to do all sizes

water pump pliers squeezed gently hasn't failed me yet, although I wouldn't mind a dedicated puller!

Sponsored Links
Looks a good tool if you have to do lots of olive removals, eg. when replacing all rad valves in a house.

Probably a bit big and heavy to carry in tool bag, but may consider one for van. Will keep the Monument/Silverline wind-off type puller in my tool bag as it's light and does 15 and 22mm.

Is she related to DP?[/quote]

he told us it isn't his mcmissus!

Looks a bit fiddly to swap between 15 and 22. I'll stick with my Rothenberger olive cutter that works for any size 15 and over.

I can't see the point of those things, they won't get in anywhere tight and it only takes a few seconds with a junior hacksaw anyway.

This one does look like it would work where the nut won't go back to give access to the olive, or the thread's not the modern standard.

Replacing 3 ports is often where those two crop up.
You then have to resort ot little rings of copper...

If the nut won't go back, how will the tool fit behind the nut?
I'm thinking of where there's say an endfeed T in the pipe. Enough to stop the nut sliding but leaves plenty of remaining diameter to push on the nut. Depends how wide they've made the U in the tool's jaw. You're probably right and they'll have made it tight to the pipe!

Perhaps dick can buy one out of his season ticket money now he doesn't need one anymore, then he can give us the definitive answer. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back