New World Stowaway Pilot.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I currently have a very old New World Stowaway back boiler in a flat I just bought.

The Pilot light is not on as the gas ws turned off before I bought the flat. The ignition doesn't work. Is there any way to light this manually? as I can see where the pilot light would be?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would not recommend advising anyone who is not CORGI registered to tamper with these boilers as they are potentially dangerous.

As its history is unknown make sure the CORGI tests the safety of the flue and that suitable permanent ventilation is available.

You would be advised to start saving up for a new boiler as yours is very old and in any case it may be unsafe to use any more.

This demonstrates how an HIP would not have thrown up the fact that your boiler is old and may indeed be unsafe to use. A simple and cheap gas safety check would have been more useful to a purchasor.

Tony

I do know the flat was rented out before I bought it and had a gas safety inspection every year as is required.

As you have suggested getting a CORGI guy round to light the pilot that is what I will do. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back