Nissan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are in talks about moving more car production to the UK

Some type of tie up with Renault

Sunderland could be making some Renault models

Sponsored Links
Boris must be fuming that Nissan are suggesting they want to invest millions of £££ and generate thousands of more jobs in the UK. That wasn't supposed to happen due to Brexit :p:p:p

Sponsored Links
Nissan are suggesting they want to invest millions of £££
Wrong, its to do with sunk costs.

they agreed to invest in the Sunderland plant back in 2016 -if you remember the govt offered an incentive to stay.
18 months ago they started on a new press, so they cant just back out easily.

Earlier this year they said a brexit with no trade deal would make future UK manufacture unworkable

where do you think most of the cars go?

I thought Nissan was considering pulling out of the EU entirely. Although they are becoming more tightly interlinked with Renault, they've had an alliance for quite a while now, so it might make sense to consolidate.

I thought Nissan was considering pulling out of the EU entirely. Although they are becoming more tightly interlinked with Renault, they've had an alliance for quite a while now, so it might make sense to consolidate.

Makes perfect sense. Nissan build cars in Renault factorys. Renault build cars in British factorys.

Renault cars are largely cra p, ergo so are Nissan's.

Nissan may have a japanese 'badge', but I would never buy one!

Ive had two Renault vans from new.. I think both British made... Never had a problem with the both of them. My brother has my 2008 one and it's still going.
One thing... I drove down to Cannes to do some work a few years back... Filled up with French fuel... It chugged all the way down and up again.. I thought it may be the fuel so didn't fill the tank until I got to England. It was fine after that.... Hence why I always fill up with Premium fuel for my car and van now...

Wrong, its to do with sunk costs.

they agreed to invest in the Sunderland plant back in 2016 -if you remember the govt offered an incentive to stay.
18 months ago they started on a new press, so they cant just back out easily.

Earlier this year they said a brexit with no trade deal would make future UK manufacture unworkable

where do you think most of the cars go?
True to form..Any sign of a positive and Notch transforms it into a huge negative.

Makes perfect sense. Nissan build cars in Renault factorys. Renault build cars in British factorys.
Well, the same British factory. The Sunderland plant has been under design capacity for a while now.

True to form..Any sign of a positive and Notch transforms it into a huge negative.
wrong

Im just telling you the facts -you cant accept them, not my fault you are too weak to accept responsibility for your actions

go on -you tell me how itll work out if there are 10% tariffs on car exports to EU, bearing in mind 70% of Sunderland production is bound for the EU.

also the UK car manufacture has highly integrated supply chains with Europe -but you don't know all the customs documentation that will be required, so you dont understand, you just voted for 'sovereignty'

2019065a.jpg

So that report is saying BMW is less reliable than Fiat.

how times change :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back