No heating throughout / no water upstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bled 3 of my radiators earlier as they were cold at the top and hot at the bottom, after bleeding the radiators the house got really cold so i checked the boiler and it was flashing error code 04 (vokera) so i tried the usual filling loop to try and put pressure into it but its not budging from zero.

After about an hour tinkering with this I went to wash my hands and noticed there is no water coming from any of the taps upstairs, nor will the toilet flush (empty cistern). I have read a few sites but none quite have the same issue. Only the mains cold water is working in the kitchen.

There seems to be no water going to the boiler when I try to increase water pressure and there is no noise coming from it like normal when it fills with water.

Any suggestions would be great.

Sponsored Links
If you don't tell us the boiler make and model how do you expect us to help you?

My crystal ball says it a Vokera Linea and you have not returned the black tap underneath at the right to the correct position. But my ball is a bit chipped so maybe its getting a bit old and unreliable now.

Why do people bleed rads if they don't know how to repressurise?

Tony

I guess your crystal ball is very chipped then and didnt tell you to read the full comment I posted.
I said Vokera (I am unsure of the model as it isnt written on nor do I have a user manual) - I have turned the steel "black tap" below (facing down from its upward position) - like I said above I have re-pressurised the boiler many times in the past.

Thanks for no help at all, I was just looking for a little advice on what could be causing this - so hopefully someone else can help.

My crystal ball says it a Vokera Linea and you have not returned the black tap underneath at the right to the correct position.
That's what I thought at first. But that would only turn off the hot water. The op seems to be suggesting that the mains cold has also somehow been turned off to everything but the kitchen tap.

Very strange

Sponsored Links
But on the Linea the down position is for filling the boiler and it needs to be moved 180 degrees back to the top for the run position.

The filling parts of the Linea often get blocked with dirt and that's really something which would be checked and if necessary fixed during a PROPER service.

But I would agree that few do services that thoroughly.

But then many owners don't bother to get their boiler serviced regularly either.

Tony

It had been serviced just as we moved in over a year ago. I've managed to get the water working upstairs again, think it was maybe an airlock after pumping the pressure up and down on the steel taps. But still not budging from zero on the boiler pressure. Time to call a plumber I think haha!

Are you sure you are correctly configuring your boiler to fill it?

Your problems with taps does not instil much confidence.

If the filling passage is blocked then it may still allow a little water in if left open for 15 or 30 minutes. But should be checked often as it can rise quite rapidly when the EXV has been filled.

Tony

Last edited:
It had been serviced just as we moved in over a year ago. I've managed to get the water working upstairs again, think it was maybe an airlock after pumping the pressure up and down on the steel taps. But still not budging from zero on the boiler pressure. Time to call a plumber I think haha!
:confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back