NO NO NO !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
An opposition government cannot be judged against its performance it isnt power and therefore not performing.
Of course it can! If it under-performs it is being judged on that poor performance.
Being 'in power' is not the only measure of performance.
Similarly, 'not being in power' still requires those politicians, and especially the leaders of the party (shadow cabinet etc.) to demonstrate their ability and willingness to govern, and their policies.
So Yafo is quite correct in stating that a poor performing party that is not in power, does affect the preference for the other parties. Whether that preference is for the governing party or one of the others is irrelevant. Although some may simply decide 'none of the above'.
Come election day, we all make our choice on which party we prefer, based on their performance, as well as their campaign and our allegiance.

To draw a simple analogy, if you are asked for your preference in, say pizza, but you did not really like what was available on the menu, or could not decide, but you thought you needed to make a choice, you would select the one that is nearest to your genuine preference, or the one that you thought would evolve into something you could learn to like.

Or to make another analogy, when you go for your annual performance assessment, you are being judged on your performance, against expected targets, not just your bosses's performance.

Sponsored Links
That's a very accurate observation imaturkeymartionwanbebediyerwhateverwhocares does come across in his posts as smug and one does get the impression he thinks very highly of himself it also comes across that he's very self congratulatory. I don't really get that impression of a personality trait from any other poster other than the boastful one.
One of the things he used to do is put lots of laughing faces at the end of his posts thinking they were funny, I dont have him on ignore but I don't ever engage in dialogue with him because ...he's not worth it !

But yes, smug thats the impression I get too...........
Ad hominem attack.

Of course it can! If it under-performs it is being judged on that poor performance.
Being 'in power' is not the only measure of performance.
Similarly, 'not being in power' still requires those politicians, and especially the leaders of the party (shadow cabinet etc.) to demonstrate their ability and willingness to govern, and their policies.
So Yafo is quite correct in stating that a poor performing party that is not in power, does affect the preference for the other parties. Whether that preference is for the governing party or one of the others is irrelevant. Although some may simply decide 'none of the above'.
Come election day, we all make our choice on which party we prefer, based on their performance, as well as their campaign and our allegiance.

To draw a simple analogy, if you are asked for your preference in, say pizza, but you did not really like what was available on the menu, or could not decide, but you thought you needed to make a choice, you would select the one that is nearest to your genuine preference, or the one that you thought would evolve into something you could learn to like.

Or to make another analogy, when you go for your annual performance assessment, you are being judged on your performance, against expected targets, not just your bosses's performance.

All drivel.

Yafo was using a weak argument that if the Labour party is doing badly, that means the Tory party should be doing well.

I said the Labour are doing badly.

Yafos weak attempt at point scoring, tried to argue that if the Labour party are weak, the Tory party should be strong. Since the Tory party arent strong, he is arguing therefore the Labour must be strong.

What a crock of utter Carp.
One side doesnt have a direct correlation to the other
And there is a huge difference between in power and in opposition.

George and Yafo you deserve each other, point scoring numpties :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yafo was using a weak argument that if the Labour party is doing badly, that means the Tory party should be doing well.

which is almost identical to the argument you've repeatedly tried to make.

I wonder if your feeble attempts did any good.

Sponsored Links

I wonder if your feeble attempts did any good.

No it is not.

Ive explained why.

You and the other 2 minions have made no attempt to counter my argument.

Youve all provided a fallacious argument: youve said Im wrong without saying why or where.

go outside and shout at the pigeons again, notch.

You'll be doing a lot of that soon.

go outside and shout at the pigeons again, notch.

You'll be doing a lot of that soon.

Ha ha ha.
Where is your counter argument?
Oh thats right, you havent come up with one, have you

Tories are doing absolute carp.

Corbyn? He isnt even in the game.

He and his party should be well ahead in the polls and ripping the Tories to bits.

Both parties are putting party politics above doing right for the country.

Corbyn is sitting on the fence in regards to Brexit, he knows its toxic, so he is avoiding sticking his flag in the remain camp, which is what he should be doing.

Public think Theresa May is doing really really badly. Why then is labour not ahead in the polls....it should be miles ahead.

I see some polls show Labour dont have a lead anymore

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn also being blighted by terrible ratings.

a leader and cabinet that are a shambles, yet labour are only a few points ahead in the polls.

labour are not miles ahead as would be expected

Labour arent miles ahead in the polls as one would expect

poor old notch, carrying out his instructions to drip-drip-drip his anti labour propaganda.

But what's REALLY happening?

well bless my soul, I have the figures here.

2015 General Election
Labour votes 9,347,273

2017 General Election
Labour votes 12,878,460

You remember, that's the one where the Tories lost their majority.

They'll pick up some more if we can get the Daily Wail and Notch to pour out some more attacks.

tried to argue that if the Labour party are weak, the Tory party should be strong. Since the Tory party arent strong

You were nearly right. If you left it as above, you would have been. Quite simple.

No need for point scoring, which you certainly failed to achieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back