ocean alpha boiler 240p Not always working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
just having a few problems with my boiler, it works some of the time and all the lights are as they should be, except every so often when i switch it on an orange light comes on above the other neon lights. It looks like a chimney and a fan picture. This seems to cut it out automatically. Just wondered what I can do as me and the kids are getting cold. I'd rather have a go myself if its a basic problem. Any advice appreciated!
Claire

Sponsored Links
Its likely to be an ignition/combustion problem which needs a competent CORGI egnineer.

When did you last have it properly serviced?

Tony

COmmon causes of this failure can be a microswitch or an APS. Ask anyone who might come, if they carry these parts, or you might have to pay someone for an hour's travel to get one plus their call-out. Most of us try not to go to common boilers with common faults without the parts, but some see it as a way of earning extra money.

The APS is the dearer one, best part of £50 I think.

Sponsored Links
Get a new supplier chris APS is only £30 inc .
Venturis on these get little nodules on them and although the see clean and clear they need removing and cleaning properly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back