odd waste pipe size ikea sink

Tested it tonight
No leaks anywhere with hose pipe in sink
Filled both bowls and pulled plugs at same time, leaked from both waste connections under ceramics.
No mastic or sealant on anything yet so pleasantly surprised
No leaks on pipework at top or at bottom where nc alpine universal just nipped on ikea European size and 40 mm solvent at other side
Solvent goes into reducer 40 to 50 mm solvent , no solvent used yet on that connection
Rest of it is about 5 mts of 50 mm into drain

Sponsored Links
This is a two bowl Godmorgon floating vanity. Here (dbl-wide mobile home) the drain and supply plumbing came thru the floor near the wall. My 1/4 turn supply cut-offs are just under the vanity.

The key was the 1-1/2 to 1-1/4 rubber sleeve adapter I was able to purchase at my local ACE hardware. I was able to easily adapt the slightly oversize IKEA drain tube to a standard 1-1/2 tube, and use a standard S-trap.

I also found that the 3/8 connectors on the faucet supplies are a bit odd. Instead of a conical rubber seal that mates to a compression fitting, these have a flat rubber washer inside. So, I took my 3/8 compression fittings and created a flat surface on the end using emery cloth. NO leak troubles at all!

Sponsored Links
Given the Thread was last active 7 years ago, you'd probably be better starting your own. There's a few on here who can help with Ikea 'Plumbing'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back