Oh! I do like to be beside the seaside!!

L

lifesagasman

just thought i'd let you know :eek:

this is not a serious topic!!

Sponsored Links
Whatever floats your boat! ;)

I live 'beside the seaside' so its not that big a deal to me but I'd rather be here than in the middle of nowhere. Each to ones own though.

Sponsored Links
I hear Blackpool's nice this time of year! :eek: :eek:

ah, errm ooh, now ithink i can explain everything. --errm well, no i can't really.--i was on the M25 and i took a wrong turn,,,,i'm coming home now,, where's my bloody socks,

erm.....Blackpool may be a bit run down.....but the outskirts of town are ace!!!!....i live 3 mins from the sea....and i love it!!!!

If anyone has discovered Northumberlands coastline (Bamburgh etc) then keep it to yourself. Its classified information and must not be divulged. The penalty is deportation to Blackpool. You have been warned.

John :)

maybe....but ...they are on the way back up.....theres loads of new people moving into old property near me.....and renovating the places!...it will take time...but it will get there..have faith :D

I went to Clethorpees for a day out with some friends not long ago, and I was shocked just how bad the seafront looks - the 60's concrete buildings, which looked good when they were built, just look awful now.

The "pleasure land" building - with its multicoloured striped facade and "ranch" style 3D lit lettering, just looks a mess. The colours are faded (not been painted since the 70's), and the lights in the signs no longer work.

The amusements are all run down - the lighting effects on the ceilings (strips of little twinkling lights like las vegas) are all faulty, with failed lamps. The canopies over the front of the buildings - the metal things with bigger lights in them, like las vegas - are all rusty and crumpled.

The sea wall is crumbling, the pier is FOR SALE! the minigolf course is cracked and unplayable.

The place needs some serious private investment. To say British tourism is back in fashion, visiting cleethorpes you wouldnt know it.

Sponsored Links
Back