Old heating/water controls - switchmaster 900

P

Paladin2019

Hi all

I've recently moved into a rented property with a Switchmaster 900 heating and water control system. Unfortunately neither the landlord nor myself have any idea how to program it. It has a clock dial (with no indication as to where the "now" time is), four coloured pins (red, green, yellow, blue), and an Advance dial with colours corresponding to the four pins.

I don't want to have to keep using the off and constant settings.

A forum search reveals that some people have asked similar questions before but nobody has actually explained the ins and outs of programing this thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I've recently moved into a rented property with a Switchmaster 900 heating and water control system. Unfortunately neither the landlord nor myself have any idea how to program it. It has a clock dial (with no indication as to where the "now" time is), four coloured pins (red, green, yellow, blue), and an Advance dial with colours corresponding to the four pins.

A forum search reveals that some people have asked similar questions before but nobody has actually explained the ins and outs of programing this thing.
Did you find this one? //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25085

Yes. It doesn't say how to set the time, what the pins do, or what the advance knob does. Which is why I asked here. :(

You set the time by rotating the main dial clockwise so the correct time is against the mark near the Advance knob.

The four coloured markers are ON, OFF, ON OFF. You can move the markers by pulling them out (away from the centre) sliding them round the dial then pushing in again. This allows you to have two periods when the heating/ hot water are on. (You will have to experiment to find out what each marker does but the will always be in the order: On, Off, On, Off.)

The slide switches allow you to override the marker settings:

Constant means the heating/hot water is on 24 hours a day

Once that is goes on at the first marker and off at the last, i.e ignores the two intermediate markers.

Twice means it goes on at the first marker, off at the second, on at the third and off at the fourth.

Off means it is off all the time.

The advance knob allows you to temporarily override the setting. So, if the heating/ hot water has just gone off and you want to bring it back on again, e.g for a late night party, you just turn the advance knob anticlockwise until it clicks and the boiler will come on. It will then stay on until the next schedule ON time. You can turn it off again by turning the knob anticlockwise until it clicks.

Similarly, if the boiler is ON and you want to turn it OFF, e.g going out for the day, you can turn the knob clockwise which will turn the boiler off and stay off until the next scheduled ON time.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, that's exactly what I needed :D

All set up and ready to go now!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back