Old Samsung phone been in the washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a very old Samsung e2121b phone (ok, you can stop laughing!) that went in the washing machine a few months ago.

It doesn't work now. Completely dead. Nothing hapens when you try to turn it on.

I took it apart at the time and dried it all out but it didn't help.

Just wondering if it is more likley that the battery is ruined or is it more likely to be the phone itself.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi, yes, thanks, I have tried charging it a few times, but nothing at all when plugged in. Left charging for a few hours and nothing working.

Any way of easily identifying if it's the batttery or not, apart from getting another battery?

no expert
but if it where the battery would expect the battery charging symbol to maybe show ??

Sponsored Links
I think the point has been missed about plugging the charger in. You can take the battery out and the charger will turn the phone on, if the battery is out and charger connected and phone does not come on then it can’t be the battery as it has been taken out of the equation.

Great info, thanks Iamchamps.

Have taken the battery out and plugged in the charger.....still no life, so sadly it's going in the bin!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back