Peugeot 206 1.4 lx Automatic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
having a few issues with my mother in laws Peugeot 206 she only bought it a few weeks ago, its very sluggish on pull away when moving away at junctions and although is not overheating the temp gauge is always reading between 70-90 even when the car has only been driving a short distance. It has been to the garage and had an overhaul on the brakes and a new cam belt and even had an air lock sorted that the garage failed to realise after they done the work but were still none the wiser to why she is pulling away so slowly if anyone could help us out or maybe give us an indication to what this maybe or if anyone experiencing the same issue and could give as a clue, it would be much appreciated..... We have been told that the gearbox is fine although that was by the garage who failed to spot the airlock :/

Sponsored Links
A 1.4 automatic car isn't going to set the world alight performance wise - usually the performance is comparable to a one litre car.
Does Mum's car have the auto, sport and snow modes on the gear selector? If it does, its a 4 speed tiptronic jobby of Porsche design....try it in sport mode.
I have to assume the car is in reasonable order, with no brake problems or dash warning lights on, of course!
The temperature readings are fine - this car has a tiny radiator.
John :)

you assume correctly my good man!! no warning lights and brakes are new and correctly adjusted. Its does have 3 button selectors sport, ice and another button with a 1 next to it i am unsure what that ones for??. She was use to an auto corsa before this car. Good to know that the temps are normal she was panicing abit (alot!!) thank you for the feed back Could you tell me if these cars do suffer with any major problems or common faults??

Sponsored Links
Hopefully not to burst your bubble......!
The 206 is a well sorted car - it is prone to dash board rattles and uncomfy seats that fail to adjust, but they are quite strong, really.
Broken front springs are common and cheap to repair, manual versions have gear sticks that flap out of the door :p Engine misfires are cheaply sorted.
Now this is only my opinion but French auto transmissions aren't the best, have a limited life and are expensive to repair - on the plus side, fault diagnostics are good.
Its vital that the transmission fluid is changed at 24000 miles, and the filter cleaned too - its the only thing you can do to keep it sweet.
With auto transmission cars, a warranty is a good thing to have!
The best auto out there is the Honda Jazz, but thats another story.
I hope Mum enjoys her new wheels!
John :)

Back