PEUGEOT 206 NOT TICKING OVER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a 2006 Peugeot 206 with full electric throttle. No valves in throttle body. Car runs really well except it will not tick over ! Have changed spark plugs, water temp sender, thermostat, air filter and pre cat Lambda sensor.
There are no error codes and no EML light on dash.
I don't know what else to look at , any suggestions appreciated

Sponsored Links
Yes, it is the later engine, the tickover is adjusted by the electronic movement of the throttle valve

What sort of condition is the throttle body in, is it clean?
If not it may need a clean and a reset procedure, im not sure how thats done on a peugeot but a google search may help.

Sponsored Links
Hi
Throttle body is A1. No errors or EML.
Can get it to tick over if I just touch accelerator pedal

Does the EMU not monitor the engine speed and feed that back to the throttle motor to maintain the required idle speed?

Aren't cars getting complicated these days?

Tony

Garage analysis FOUND THAT THE FAN RELAYS WERE NOT WORKING, THE WIRES ALL BROKEN AND CORRODED. CHANGED THEM THEN A CODE FOR MAP SENSOR CAME UP !
Hope this cures it

Its the 30th now! Did the "map sensor" sort it out?

These "fan relays", what do they do?

Is the air intake pressurised by fans?

Tony

Hi
Fans cool the radiator, you would never think that that could effect tick over !
However changed the MAP sensor and still not ticking over.

There's a certain amount of logic with this one - if not a cure.
When the fans start, this gives an electrical load to the alternator which makes it harder to turn.
Therefore, the ECU senses this extra load and speeds the engine up accordingly.
I'd be looking at a dirty throttle body or air leaks, I think.
John :)

Hi
Throttle body is immaculate, but only a venturi with throttle flap. Being an electric drive by wire throttle the computer looks after all tickover.
I thought there could be an leak on a vaccum pipe. I disconnected it and just blocked of the hole to see if it made any difference. Needless to say it did not. Very frustrating !

Dare you venture to Peugeot about this one, or don't you have a kidney or two for sale...?
I don't use main dealers for repairs, but I do know most of the service managers who are very approachable......the chances are, they have seen this before.
John :)

Hi John
Did go to an ex Peugeot mechanic who had all the latest software etc, Thats who diagnosed the radiator relays, we did them then it brought up a MAP sensor (not on the faults before radiator sensor),
I did think and hope that changing MAP sensor would sort it. Getting to point where I am thinking enough is enough on the costs.

Id try a throttle reset procedure see if that helps, as ive said im not 100% sure how its done on your car but in the past ive done the following.
Disconnect battery for 30 mins
Re connect battery
Start engine using no throttle
Let idle for 10 mins
Take for a drive for 15 mins or so varied conditions (not sat at same revs in same gear)
Double check the connector and wiring to the map sensor too.

Sponsored Links
Back