Picture of the week!

Sponsored Links
it breaks your hearts doesn't it?

to see some lovely old dear having to ( or choosing to ) live like that is just wrong..

the council should move her to a council place and renovate it.. or knock it down..

they ought to be able to compulsory purchase places like that...

That is quite an eye opener in terms of squallor, unless the old lady is infirm (of body or mind) and unable to clean though you really can't excuse anything being in such an appalling condition. If it were me, I think I'd refuse to work there.

BTW, she told me about this refusal to reconect, and my brother and I simply did it for her, I personally can't see what the fuss is about. She's had a good innings anyway.

Sponsored Links
You what?

She's had a good innings, so what the heck. Let her live her latter years in squalour, hey? Who cares? She's had a good life!

I sincerely hope you were joking.

Here's one that I went to as an emergency call out (RCD tripping), and yes there is a kitchen under there!!

DSC00037.jpg
;
DSC00036.jpg

TWO mouse carcases who were previous residents of the CU
DSC00038.jpg

In the end I found the circuit which was causing the fault and disconnected it from the CU. I think that it was an outside light CCT.. not sure though!

Looks like they have some Mr Muscle surfcae cleaner there.... so perhaps a spring clean was around the corner?

I once rewired a house where the woman lived alone ........... with 16 dogs.

Hairs, stench and **** everywhere :eek:

TBH it was the kind of house that you wipe your feet on the way out.

The lady of the house was blaming everything on her son who "is storing his things here for a while"

Because the electric was off and she couldn't get anyone out to sort it sh called the samaritans who in turn called the old bill. They didn't really do anything but make sure she was OK. After I sorted it I called the Police woman in question to make sure that social services were contacted as this dear old lady needed help.

It is really such a shame that some people let themselves get into a state such as this... I would hate to think of one of my relatives living like this!!

cool, do you have the mouse skull? i really want one of those..

no, seriously...

and a rooks skull if anyone can get one...

( ok, so i'm weird.. )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back