pipe clips / pipe support

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently got my washing machine moved from my kitchen to my downstairs utility/cloakroom .

The plumber 'T'd' off a 42cm length of copper pipe from the main cold water supply pipe above the shut off valve (behind the lavatory) . At the end of this pipe is small blue shut off valve followed by a 'Y' connector and the flexible hoses to the washing machine.

My main worry is that there is no 'support' for the 42cm length of pipe i.e it is not clipped to the wall and that it will break/snap if something heavy falls on it or hits it. I don't want to necessarily box in all the pipes so I was wondering if I could use Brass screw on pipe clips to support it ? I had tried to use a normal plastic pipe clip but the pipe is too far away (4.5cm at it's furthest point) from the wall for it to fit.

Does anyone know the distance from the flat part (the part that srews into the wall) to the outer part of the clip i.e the part that is furthest away fron the wall? :confused:

Are these clips ok? 'Pressed Brass Screw-On (School Board) Bracket' the third ones down.

http://www.just-clips.co.uk/products.asp?justcat=1&justname=Brass Clips Metric Thread

Sponsored Links
Suggest you try a munson ring (next one down on the link that you posted. If you use a female wallplate and a length of threaded rod then you can vary the distance from the wall to suit your pipework.

Sponsored Links
Chris,
If the pipe is already in place how am I meant to screw the plastic clip into the wall ? The pipe is in the way of it . :confused:

claudeballs said:
Chris,
If the pipe is already in place how am I meant to screw the plastic clip into the wall ? The pipe is in the way of it . :confused:

No it's quite easy to do, just push the pipe down slightly and drill your hole then plug the hole and screw the clip on, i do it all the time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back