Piping up wall hung basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey. how would most people pipe up a wall hung basin like the one in the diagram. Go straight up were the taps are. Or run the pipes up the middle of the basin and offset to the taps? Would be piped up in copper no flexis

Sponsored Links
Are you talking about a basin without a pedestal, presumably?
With mine, the ceramic lower piece that covers the bottle trap goes flush to the wall so for me it was chase a deep groove in the wall, run the pipes in there, then tile over the groove.
John :)

The pipes will be on show in this case. Yes I mean a basin without a pedistal. Runing in to the room above the skirting board.

Sponsored Links
It aint goint to be too pretty but I'd run both pipes parallel up to the centre of the basin, and then branch out where the bends couldn't be seen.
You'll have to dodge the drain though as thats central too!

Ok thanks so you'd run the pipes up central the offset them as tight up to the taps as can so bends can't be seen much. Any ideas for the waste with that wanting to be central too?

Its only my opinion really - things that are central could look ok, but offset could catch the eye.
I'd pipe up to the waste, then dive off left and right around it. Flexi's could help here.
If the basin is tight in a corner, I guess you could come up the wall then go off horizontally - the more the pipes are hidden, the better really.
Is the waste covered by ceramic that usually clips onto the bottom of the basin?

What do you mean by.''I'd pipe up to the waste, then dive off left and right around it. Flexi's could help here

There's no cermic that clips to the bottom of the basin is all on show.

I would take the pipes along the skirting, as you say they are now, and then turn them up, along the centre line of the basin as high as possible until the waste gets in the way. Then, take the hot to the left and the cold to the right, keeping the pipes as covered as much as possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back