PIR for Accenta Mini G4 Alarm Panel

Sponsored Links
the pir you have linked to , to me says they have sold out

VC QUAD High Tech Harsh Enviroment PIR (Clearance Stock) EA EA 3+
15.80 15.20
All Sold

I would not trust the comments

Eliminates false alarms because it needs both movement & heat to trigger an alarm.
Microwave detects air changes caused by moving objects,
PIR detects heat sources against background heat.

the bit in bold is the biggest load of cow poop i have ever heard

a microwave is high frequncy radio waves, which are not affected by air.

a microwave (in the alarm sense) works on the dopler shift principal

a microwave can go through most solid objects

How ever as you and I are what, 80% water, a microwave cant see through water, and that is how they see people.

when they first came out (just a microwave detector) you had to point them down so they could not see into the next door building.

and you could never point them at a drain pipe (in case it rained)

Sponsored Links
thanks breezer,

do u recommend any decent PIR's friend...

ideally i am looking for ones that can work in temperature range up to 40 degrees celesius

40 degrees C ?

you are not meant to put them in a washing machine :LOL:

pirs work by "seeing" the movement of infra red heat (but lets not go there)

a conservatory has too great a temp fluctuation for a pir which is why if you must, you should install a duel technology detector.

they are alll pretty much the same, except the cheap nasty ones, some even fall asleep ( i kid you not)

breezer";p="743680 said:
40 degrees C ?

you are not meant to put them in a washing machine :LOL:
---

you should install a duel technology detector.---
i will get one to replace the one i've got at home (old wickes), and i'm thinking of protecting my appartment in morroco this is why i mentioned the 40 degrees (maybe a little less), i think that the accenta G4 will have the facility to be connected to an autodialer...i've got familya living few minutes from my appartment there...

any input please??

i will get one to replace the one i've got at home (old wickes), and i'm thinking of protecting my appartment in morroco this is why i mentioned the 40 degrees (maybe a little less), i think that the accenta G4 will have the facility to be connected to an autodialer...i've got familya living few minutes from my appartment there...

any input please??[/quote]

a microwave can go through most solid objects

How ever as you and I are what, 80% water, a microwave cant see through water, and that is how they see people.

So how does radar pick up objects then??

no, water is not a solid, its a liquid, i also said microwaves can go through "most" solid objects, i never said all solid objects.

for what its worth microwaves can go through brick walls, timber and most other materials, except metal, which is what most boats are made of

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back