PIR for Accenta Mini G4 Alarm Panel

no, water is not a solid, its a liquid, i also said microwaves can go through "most" solid objects, i never said all solid objects.

for what its worth microwaves can go through brick walls, timber and most other materials, except metal, which is what most boats are made of

if the brick wall was moving the microwave would detect it, its got nothing to do with the material but everything to do with doppler effect - objects nearer return the reflection quicker than objects further away, take two measurements and you can work out movement, add a third and you can calculate distance.

Sponsored Links
i disagree.

i do agree with doppler shift, but the microwaves would go through the wall (assuming you could move a brick wall) yes a tiny % would be reflected back but too liitle (but then it depends on how close you are to the wall)

as i (believe) said before when microwave detectors first came on the market, they used to false alarm, mostly because they were pointing at a wall and seeing strait through to next door or passers by outside.

alao note i mean a microwave, NOT a dueltechnology device

i disagree.

i do agree with doppler shift, but the microwaves would go through the wall (assuming you could move a brick wall) yes a tiny % would be reflected back but too liitle (but then it depends on how close you are to the wall)
Make your mind up.
The signal would penetrate the wall - but some would be reflected back.
Therefore, the theory holds.

alao note i mean a microwave, NOT a dueltechnology device

well now, thats why we use Duel-tech - because a single microwave device is too unstable on its own.

so to answer your question O/P - you can get a detector for a conservatory but expect more false alarms from that enviroment than you would normally get from a device "inside" the property, more often than not we don`t cover the "glass box"

Sponsored Links
not quite true, but i will put it down to the fact that you genuinely dont know. - please read on

about 30 years ago a company called racal, produced a microwave detector, (i cant find a picture of one, they are that old) they were good .

unlike a normal detector that activated when it sees you, the racal microwave had what you would call pulse count, you could not adjust this pulse count but if you connected the "special" unit (cant remeber what it was called) you could watch (via leds) it detecting you, in that it was a vertical row of leds and as you moved the more leds would light up, but when you stopped they would go out one by one slowly.

another way to describe it would be you "run" up a ladder and come down say 1 rung at a time.

they only had one major drawback, the cost they were around £100 each which even for then was expensive,

so as these detecors could see the reflected micowave from the said moving wall, it would not have been enough to actualy activate it

raclal also invented the first pir for alarms

i did find a picture of a microwave fence racal made

microwavefence.jpg

Breezer you really have a limited knowledge, you don`t understand pulse count either -just what is your occupation?

the little racal " field tester " worked by detecting the ambient INFRA RED so was no good for setting microwaves but unbelievably is making a comeback with the new range of Risco product.

Perhaps the O/P might consider a different technology to cover his needs?

not quite true, but i will put it down to the fact that you genuinely dont know. - please read on
No, it is quite clear you don't know.
You make generalised statements based on weak or suspect understanding of principles then claim you are factually correct and others are wrong.

If you don't know, say so.

the little racal " field tester " worked by detecting the ambient INFRA RED so was no good for setting microwaves but unbelievably is making a comeback with the new range of Risco product.

:LOL:

if that is what you guys wish to think, then i will let you think that.

Q) Then why did it have 3 sets of leads that could be plugged in to the unit (not at the same time?)

A) Becuse that is what most people who never had one thought it was for.

lead one was of little use because it connected to a 772

lead 2 was for it to connect to a 737 (you had to pull the lamp out)

lead 3 had 2 crocodlile clips to connect it to the microwave, you could then watch its "action" (as i said with the ladder "scenario")

I will let the readers decide who is right and who is wrong.

:LOL:

if that is what you guys wish to think, then i will let you think that.

Q) Then why did it have 3 sets of leads that could be plugged in to the unit (not at the same time?)

lead one was of little use because it connected to a 772

lead 2 was for it to connect to a 737 (you had to pull the lamp out)

lead 3 had 2 crocodlile clips to connect it to the microwave, you could then watch its "action" (as i said with the ladder "scenario")

I will let the readers decide who is right and who is wrong.

make your mind up - so it was a magic box that worked on both microwaves and infra -red`s, before infra red detectors were invented, now that is clever, something you had a hand in developing no doubt (seen as you are the worlds number one authority on everything alarmwise?) like it says in my siggy...........

yes it did work on both, which shows my statement is right

[

and as for pir not been invented then, when do you say they were invented then? (the year will do)

no, water is not a solid, its a liquid, i also said microwaves can go through "most" solid objects, i never said all solid objects.

for what its worth microwaves can go through brick walls, timber and most other materials, except metal, which is what most boats are made of

What about Fibreglass boats?
They show up on radar !! They do honest.....

yes it did work on both, which shows my statement is right

[

and as for pir not been invented then, when do you say they were invented then? (the year will do)

Breezer your ASSUMING I didnt have one, I did ( and the test leads) we were given it ( by Racal ) late 84 or 85 now that definatly isn`t 30 years or so ago - just had a thought maybe they designed a whole new type of detector to work round a tester they had left from the unaffordable microwaves they pioneered in the seventies.

Point is your posts are amusing but more often than not factually incorrect, instead why not try answering the O/P`s original question then shut`ng up?

What about Fibreglass boats?
They show up on radar !! They do honest.....
Of course they do.
As do most 'things'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back