Planning permission and old planning condition

Sponsored Links
I cannot give more details to avoid to reveal the identities. However I think that there is enough information in my posts concerning my query which concerns the general law about this issue of planning permission which is automatically necessary in case of previous planning condition

Based on the limited information, unless I've misunderstood I think you have got an answer already: PD rights withheld/withdrawn.

A bit more information would help us help you.

Send three & fourpence, we're going to a dance

Sponsored Links
That one, at least, is googlable. Well known apocryphal quote about a military communication being transmuted from "Send reinforcements, we're going to advance" as it was passed up the chain; reference to Auction's claim that he's posting on behalf of another and, given his proclivity for withholding information, we're likely getting even less of an accurate story as a result..

I cannot give more details to avoid to reveal the identities. However I think that there is enough information in my posts concerning my query which concerns the general law about this issue of planning permission which is automatically necessary in case of previous planning condition
And you've been given the answer already.

IF the development was done under permitted development rights then it would be covered by the rules and limits for those.

If it was done under a planning approval, then any conditions would be specific to the approval(s) given. There isn't an act you can look in to see what they are, you'd need to look at the actual approvals - which if they are recent will almost certainly be on the council's website.
Examples that come to mind would include :
The development must start within <some time period> of approval. That's done to prevent someone getting approval, not going ahead, and then starting building a couple of decades later when the rules and/or policies have changed, or the local environment has changed, and the development wouldn't be allowed now.
Certain windows have to be obscured glass and non-openable. Eg, if the development would unduly overlook a neighbour then the council might impose a restriction requiring obscured glass to maintain the neighbours' privacy.
Planning for a new house might specifically restrict future development rights (ie restrict PD) - eg to prevent a developer building an estate that's nicely spaced etc - only for it to infill to form solid terraces with garages and side extensions.
There could be restrictions on materials used - eg in a conservation area you might be restricted to timber window frames, or sash windows, or whatever so as to fit in with the character of the area.

But all these would be specific to the planning approval itself - contact the council for copies.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3209310#3209310

I heard that if we want to do a development on a building or on a part of a building planning permission is compulsory if a planning condition was imposed on this building or part of a building even if this planning condition was imposed many years ago.
You heard correctly.

I would like to know if someone knows which piece of legislation deals with this issue.
The Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended).

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3209310#3209310

However I think that there is enough information in my posts concerning my query which concerns the general law about this issue of planning permission which is automatically necessary in case of previous planning condition
Absolutely. I could not agree more, and I know I speak for everybody here when I say that we have certainly had enough information from you in your posts concerning your query.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back