plaster board..wrong way round

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been to price a job..where the client has got somebody in to overtack the ceiling and erect to stud walls...when i looked he has fixed all the boards the wrong way round ..ie brown side to face...anybody skimmed this side before.and been successful ,i never come across this before.
many thanks

Sponsored Links
Its posssible to skim, but it sets a bit quicker. The reason its not done this way round is because the paper peels off at the edges. Ive skimmed 100s of metres years ago and never had a problem but i would make the customer aware of the problems and would not guarantee for any problems due to the boards being the wrong way around.they may choose to reboard or board over.

When I started as a plasterers labourer about 17 years ago, we only ever plastered the 'brownish' side as directed on the boards, the ivory side was for taping and jointing. We never had any problems on the 100's of walls and ceilings!

im not sure about all this,,i have completed the job,and yes it set up well quick(thought it was summer)...but there must be a reasoning behind only facing one side..looked at a board in Wickes today..and it had printed on there, decorate /plaster this side only!!!!!!! but why?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back