please help with boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi please could someone help we had a Ferroli boiler put in our loft on thursday as we had the old one behind the fire since having it put in we only get our hot water and heating for say half an hour or so then the boiler turns off and my husband has to go into the loft to start it again he has been up in the loft about 10 times since friday and he is getting fed up with it we have rang the plumber who put it in but he has not got back to us yet is it his job to see that it is working ok or not if not why does it keep loosing pressure and turning off thanks diane

Sponsored Links
Ferroli...oh dear :rolleyes: well I suppose some people must fit them...

Is the problem just that you're losing pressure? Is there any water coming from the pressure relief pipe? Unlikely as it's new but not entirely impossible, probably a leak as Kev has said. Yes it is up to your plumber to sort it (unless there's a manufacturing issue with the boiler, but let's not go there just yet)

hi as far as we know there is not leak we have a small leak from one radiator but it was not working well before we had the leak ,the error code is f37 and my husband turns the water pressure up to 1.5 as the plumber told us on friday to get it to work again

also my husband wants to get a new radiator how do you drain water to do this without turning the water off to the whole house please

Sponsored Links
but because your boiler is now the highest point in the system, as the water comes out air goes in to replace it and stops the circulation through the boiler, so it locks out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back