Plumbers & getting a quote/price

Its an addiction :rolleyes:

Oh and better than having to sit and look at other half :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
how do you guys normally work your own quotes out?

i tend to make a list of everything i can think of, give the list to my local stockists they get me a price. i add vat + labour then let customer know, usually only wait for me is the lad in stockist getting back to me with a price ;)

All my quotes are done via Plumb Centers internet site. You don't have to wait for spotty dick in office. It adds your percentage etc that you want to quote and even a company logo that you specify if you want ;)

gas4you said:
All my quotes are done via Plumb Centers internet site. You don't have to wait for spotty dick in office. It adds your percentage etc that you want to quote and even a company logo that you specify if you want ;)

tried that it asked for a username etc register, can you send me link i will try again ta in advance ;)

timmy74 said:

i tend to make a list of everything i can think of, give the list to my local stockists they get me a price. i add vat + labour then let customer know, usually only wait for me is the lad in stockist getting back to me with a price ;)

Long inhale of breath through pert lips then add a couple of 0's and 15% :LOL:

ginoT said:
how long does it take for a plumber to give a quote on a job that needs doing?
Depends how busy he is - how long did he say it would take him?

The more there's touchy-feeling pricing going on, the more I reckon there's a chance to get scr*wed over
That's not a good attitude you have brewing up there. If you haven't heard anything then have you considered that he might be busy (as per ChrisR's post)? Or maybe even ill?

any advice on how to speed things up?
Ask friends, family and colleagues for a recommendation for a good plumber / heating engineer, and go to one person and one person only.

timmy74 said:
I don't do quotes.

timmy74 said:
gas4you said:

tried that it asked for a username etc register, can you send me link i will try again ta in advance ;)

You have to fill in registration form /page and they will get back to you with log in info etc. May take a few days or so ;)

Easy - either
1) add up all the bits prices, consult the books on how long it should take, add in your overheads, allow contingency, travel, parking, then markup, and double it

2) think of a job you've done which was similar, and think how much you should have charged, then double it

3) Think of a number and double it.

ChrisR said:
3) Think of a number and double it.
The number I was thinking of was only half what you were thinking, so should I quadaruple my number? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back