Political

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are we allowed to be serious, anyway I want to know what people think about council tax - payers or non payers is it fair[/quote]

Sponsored Links
i have always paid it and always will, when we were first married we rented a council house and rates were taken with rent, too many people up here jumped on the political bandwagon to "legitimise" their non payment when it came out and followed Tommy "Robin Hood" sheridan, it led to misery for years for them as they couldn't get credit and then faced years paying back double (although there are still thousands who paid nothing) a good protest would have been for them not to have used the services as well but that never happened, in general i moan about every bill but i pay anyway but the first community charge up here suited some more than others, my mum who was recently widowed started paying a lot less than the family of 5 working adults two doors along which seems fair, and i never thought it fair if you built a big extension on your house and had to pay more, you were being taxed on spending your own money. WELL YOU DID ASK!!!!!!!!!

Are we allowed to be serious, anyway I want to know what people think about council tax - payers or non payers is it fair
[/quote]

Iv'e avoided paying everthing i can, to the government all my life, don't ever think for one minute, if i paid my dues, that yours would be less.

The sooner all these bent politions get brought to book. then i'll do my bit.

I am happy to pay for the services I get. I think there are too many people who pay nothing or have huge reductions in their bills. I am all for those in need getting a reduction, the ill and the old, but what about soldiers serving abroad?

Second and holiday homes should carry a heavier burden which would then free up housing for the young.

Why is it that the cheapest Councils are Westminster and Chelsea? Why am I paying the same money for fortnightly rubbish collections as I did when it was weekly?

Now I am Grumpy!!!!!! :!:

Sponsored Links
don't ever think for one minute, if i paid my dues, that yours would be less.

You'll be telling us next that the things stolen by shoplifters don't end up as higher costs on the honest customers.

don't get me started on politicians, i hate everything they do and say it seems all we hear at the moment is one of them being caught doing something wrong, the latest one was using air miles built up by flights paid for by us being used to ship his family business class cheeky barsteward, and they get so p1ssed off when they are caught out and whinge about the hard job they do.

don't ever think for one minute, if i paid my dues, that yours would be less.

You'll be telling us next that the things stolen by shoplifters don't end up as higher costs on the honest customers.

Sorry that your of that brigade jonn, ok we now have no more shopplifters,

will your makeup or shoes or petrol really go down?

Big rise in spuds, chippy prices go up.

Big drop in spuds, chippy prices go up.

So if I steal your wallet, you're no worse off?

Sponsored Links
Back