Post-boiler service noise

I just can't work how water would come out of this nut above the boiler when the time switch came on ?

Sponsored Links
On
I just can't work how water would come out of this nut above the boiler when the time switch came on ?
'Nut' might not be the right word. It's this thing:
Pipes02.jpg

Yh it's a drain point / air bleeder , i spect *the old washer didn't seat right on purge

Last edited:
Sounds like hes doing a thorough service and just an oversight re the tap left off, and bad luck re the drain valve not seating, ignore bernard

Sponsored Links
I agree these problems are trivial in the great scheme of things. For comparison....going back to the late 1980s / early 1990s, I think before Corgi qualifications were tightened up, I had a friend do some plumbing work. I can't remember the details but it included putting a hot water cylinder in. He was a general builder who did everything including fitting kitchens, house rewires and much else. The central heating didn't work after the job and I got another plumber in to fix it. He initially refused, saying 'get the idiot who did the last work back and tell him to do the job properly'. It was something to do with an absence of venting...which I later discovered my builder friend had never learned and was blissfully unaware of. He did the same thing to two or three other friends in our circle. It was an awkward situation and I felt I had to persuade this second plumber to fix it all, which he did, and it cost me quite a lot of money. I think the other victims did the same. Since then I have never asked tradesman friends to do work.

More a case of getting the right friend to do the right job.

Builders can't plumb, and when they give up and realise this they invariably get the cheapest person they can to do it. This usually ends in tears and expense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back